|Release||10 February 2009 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can retrieve the Enhanced Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake for 500 coins.|
|High alch||120 coins|
|Low alch||80 coins|
|This used to belong to King Arthur and has since been improved to be held in the off-hand.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Enhanced Excalibur is an upgraded version of Excalibur that may be obtained upon completion of the hard Seers' Village achievements. The player may speak to the Lady of the Lake and she will enhance the player's Excalibur.
Enhanced Excalibur has tier 72 damage and tier 70 accuracy, and is the closest equivalent to an off-hand abyssal whip; it is the second best non-degradable off-hand for melee (after Jessika's sword) and a large step up from dragon off-hands. It is also known for its healing ability which can be activated by right clicking it while it is in your inventory or equipped. This effect is doubled upon completion of the elite Seers' Village achievements. This ability has a recharge of 5 minutes. This cooldown is shared with Rejuvenate, Guthix's blessing and Ice Asylum.
If the item is lost, a replacement can be retrieved from the Lady of the Lake in Taverley for 500 coins.
Multiple Enhanced Excaliburs may be obtained. If a player possesses multiple Excaliburs and takes them to the Lady of the Lake to be enhanced after completion of the hard Seers' Village achievements, they will all be upgraded. Similarly, a player may buy a new Excalibur if they lose or destroy it and choose between having the original or enhanced version (note that the player must not have an enhanced version to buy another Excalibur). By choosing originals, dropping them to buy the desired amount and picking them all up, a player can talk to the Lady of the Lake and have all Excaliburs enhanced in one go.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special effect[edit | edit source]
|Version||Life points healed||Reward from|
|Standard||None||Merlin's Crystal quest|
|Enhanced||4% of max life points 5 times over a period of 20 seconds, resulting in a total of 20% of max life points healed.||Seers' Village hard achievements|
|Elite enhanced||4% of max life points 10 times over a period of 40 seconds, resulting in a total of 40% of max life points heal.||Seers' Village elite achievements|
By activating the Enhanced Excalibur, the player is healed for 4% of their maximum life points (396 at level 99) every 4 seconds for 20 seconds, or for 40 seconds if the elite Seers' Village achievements are completed. Defence also receives a 15% boost. The amount healed does increase if the player has effects that boosts their maximum life points, like a bonfire boost or the warmth from using the thermal spring in Oo'glog. This activation shares a 5 minute cooldown with Guthix's Blessing, Rejuvenate and Ice Asylum. This ability does not use adrenaline, not even the 10% drained by eating food while in combat, which makes it superior over the aforementioned abilities for healing only yourself. If the user changes worlds or logs out then back in again, they may use Enhanced Excalibur's special ability again in five seconds after switching worlds or logging in.
Equipping Excalibur is not required to activate its ability; one may simply right-click it from the inventory. Additionally, unequipping Excalibur will not end the healing effect early if it was activated while wielded.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 8 May 2017 (Update):
- The animation when using the Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur special attacks has been updated.
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- The 'Activate' option on Enhanced Excalibur has been moved below the 'Wield' option.
- ninja 23 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can now activate Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur from their inventories.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- The Enhanced Excalibur special attack no longer persists in duels where the option is disabled.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The enhanced Excalibur has been restatted to be a level 72 off-hand weapon.
- patch 30 April 2012 (Update):
- The wield position of enhanced Excalibur has been altered to line up with auras.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Between the release of the Evolution of Combat and that of Legacy mode, its special was instead turned into a passive effect that had a chance to heal 1% of your current life points for the enhanced version, or 2% for the elite version.
- According to the actual legend, this sword could only be used to its full potential when wielded by King Arthur and was capable of killing even the dead.
- Previously, Seers' headband 3 had to be equipped in order to get this item enhanced.
- Previously, the player had to equip the sword to use its special.
- Rejuvenate which shares a cooldown with it would display Enhanced Excalibur on its cooldown debuff, even on f2p worlds.
Off-hand slash weapons
|Dyed off-hand drygore longswords|