Emergency teleports are instantaneous teleportation used as a fast retreat in dangerous situations which can easily become fatal. It is advised to bring one for things such as quests and boss fights, or when the opponent is significantly stronger than the player. A good emergency teleport must be fast (usable in just one click) and not interrupted by combat. There are certain areas where teleportation is impossible, such as the Araxyte Hive, rendering them useless.
They are also often used in the Wilderness to escape player killing. However, most teleportation only works up to level 20 Wilderness while a handful works up to level 30 (see here for more information). A player killer's Teleport Block may also prevent the use of teleportation.
Hardcore Ironmen are recommended to always have an emergency teleport at hand to help prevent losing lives in any circumstance.
Recommended Teleport Solutions[edit | edit source]
- War's Retreat Teleport is one of the best options. It is free to use infinitely, does not take up inventory or equipment space, can be put on an action bar, and teleports very close to a bank. It is also available in free-to-play. However, it requires Combat level 60 and at least 10 boss kills. Using it cleanses bleeding effects, but not poison, and deaths inside the War's Retreat are not safe.
- Magic tablets take only one inventory space, are stackable, and require just one click to activate. Unlike the original spells, they have no Magic requirement to use. Teleport to House is the best option, since player-owned houses are safe zones, in that players who die inside do not lose any items. This can be especially helpful if poisoned. Additionally, if a house has at least one Portal Chamber or an amulet of glory mounted in the Quest Hall, teleporting to the house allows quick access to any locations available from the house.
- The Ectophial can be used over and over, is freely obtained, and provides moderately quick access to a bank, a charter ship and a fairy ring.
Generally it is a smarter choice to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting health and wealth, especially if death would result in the loss of valuable, possibly hard-to-replace items. If a player is in a situation in which their health is rapidly depleting to dangerous levels, teleporting as soon as possible is a must.
Worn equipment[edit | edit source]
Certain items when worn have a right-click teleport ability that cannot be interrupted. With the Worn Equipment panel open, right click on the item and then select the teleport destination. While this take one click and one menu selection, combat does not interrupt the process. If the item is something the player might normally wear in combat, this process saves an inventory space. It can be used in many dangerous situations, except those so deadly that a 1-click teleport is absolutely needed.
- Most but not all teleport-capable Jewellery can be used this way, including the Ring of duelling, the Games necklace, the Combat bracelet, and the Amulet of glory.
- The Explorer's ring 3 and 4 allows infinite teleports to the Falador cabbage patch, and Explorer's ring 4 has the highest combat stats in free-to-play.
- Ring of kinship and Archaeology journal are also commonly used f2p as they are quick to obtain, free to use or replace, and teleports close to banks. Archaeology journal is slightly superior as it is faster and is equipped in the pocket slot, which is almost never used in f2p, as opposed to the ring slot.
- The ring of life is a special case as it automatically activates when the wielder's Life Points drop below 10% of their maximum. It can provide good insurance against death in case of lag, disconnection, or simple neglecting of Life Points, but it should not be any player's sole emergency escape solution, since an attack could deal more than 10% of a player's life points's worth of damage at once, bypassing the ring of life.
Since the Evolution of Combat, it is now possible to attach teleportation spells onto the action bar, including Standard Spellbook teleports, teleportation tablets, or certain equipment teleports including the Explorer's ring. These can provide a safe 1-click emergency teleport.