Enchanted emerald bolts are mithril bolts tipped with enchanted emerald. Emerald bolts can be enchanted through the spell Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Emerald) by a player with level 27 Magic. The spell enchants 10 emerald bolts at a time.
Enchanted emerald bolts have a 55% chance to activate the Magical Poison enchantment. Upon activation the target is damaged an additional 2-4% weapon damage in the form of a single poison type hit. This effect scales with poison modifiers such as Cinderbane gloves or kwuarm incense sticks. The effect cannot trigger against poison-immune monsters or players with Anti-poison Active but will reduce the remaining duration of the buff when it would have triggered.
This effect can be triggered with auto attacks and abilities. This will consume bolts 12.5% of the time. Multi-target abilities such as ricochet can trigger the effect separately on secondary targets. Abilities that hit multiple times such as rapid fire have a chance to trigger it on each hit separately.
Special attack chance:
- ^ When enchanting the first set of bolts
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 July 2021 (Update):
- The magical poison effect of Emerald Bolts has been adjusted:
- No longer poisons target
- Now applies a single poison hit on activation
- Now deals 2-4% weapon damage
- Damage now scales with poison modifiers
- Effect will now activate as expected
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- The anti-poison totem now works against enchanted emerald bolts.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update these bolts were commonly used when fighting the Corporeal Beast, to stun the Dark energy core. However, since the EoC update this is no longer possible.
- On 23 February 2010, a bug was leaked in which one could duplicate enchanted bolts but was patched on the same day. Many players were banned for using this glitch.
- Between 9 September 2019 and 5 July 2021, a bug caused emerald bolts to not activate correctly.
- ^ Jagex. ModSponge's Twitter account. 5 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 2 September 2021.) ModSponge: "Emerald bolts have a 12.5% chance to consume ammo when the effect triggers (due to the increased activation chance)"