Emerald bakriminel bolts (e) are emerald bakriminel bolts that are enchanted via the Enchant Bakriminel Bolt (Emerald) spell by a player with level 93 Magic.
Enchanted emerald bakriminel bolts have a 55% chance of triggering the Magical Poison effect. Upon activation the target is damaged an additional 2-4% weapon damage in the form of a single poison type hit and does not override the players weapon poison. This effect scales with poison modifiers such as Cinderbane gloves or kwuarm incense sticks.
This effect can be triggered with auto attacks and abilities. This will consume bolts 12.5% of the time. Multi-target abilities such as ricochet can trigger the effect separately on secondary targets. Abilities that hit multiple times such as rapid fire have a chance to trigger it on each hit separately.
The chance of the special attack occurring is increased with the Ranged cape perk active and the completion of the Elite Seers' Village achievements.
Special attack chance:
- ^ When enchanting the first set of bolts
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 July 2021 (Update):
- The magical poison effect of Emerald Bolts has been adjusted:
- No longer poisons target
- Now applies a single poison hit on activation
- Now deals 2-4% weapon damage
- Damage now scales with poison modifiers
- Effect will now activate as expected
- Prior to 9 September 2019, anytime the bolts activated, they would override the player's weapon poison damage. This made the bolts unfavourable to use as they hurt the players damage more than using normal ammunition.
- Between 9 September 2019 and 5 July 2021, a bug caused emerald bolts not to activate correctly.
- ^ Jagex. ModSponge's Twitter account. 5 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 2 September 2021.) ModSponge: "Emerald bolts have a 12.5% chance to consume ammo when the effect triggers (due to the increased activation chance)"