Embrace the Chaos
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Embrace the Chaos|
|Solve this mystery.|
|Release date||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Infobox • Infobox talk page|
Embrace the Chaos is a mystery in which an incantation must be discovered and performed in order to open a portal to the Infernal Source's Vestibule of Futility. Solving the mystery completes the achievement of the same name.
|Dig site||Infernal Source Dig Site|
|Required items||These items can be obtained before and/or during the mystery.|
Steps[edit | edit source]
- You must find all four cultist's diary pages by excavating in the Dungeon of Disorder and "read" each of them. The mystery is started when the player finds any page. You can excavate the pages in any of these excavation hotspots: cultist footlocker, sacrificial altar, and Dis dungeon debris. Having a Lorehound pet active with Lore Helper unlocked will increase the drop rate.
- Enter the back chamber and take chalk from the box of chalk, take a set of three red candles from the box of candles.
- "Repair" the ritual circle the centre of the room to fix it.
- "Replace" each of the three Melted red candles and light each candle after placing it.
- You must then "Chant over" each candle.
- To get the correct dialogue options for the candles, you need to make sure you've read all of the four journal pages.
- The east candle chant is "Et Daemonium Renascitur".
- The north candle chant is "Ceterum Aperuerit Ianuam".
- The west candle chant is "Ordo Animam Capit".
- A portal to the source will then open. Enter the portal to complete the mystery.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The player Rehvok was the first player who completed this mystery on 30 March 2020 which was shown in-game with the announcement: News: Rehvok is the first to solve the 'Embrace the Chaos' mystery!
- The chanting is Latin and translates "Ordo Animam Capit" The order seizes life. "Ceterum Aperuerit Ianuam" [The Order] will have opened the door. "Et Daemonium Renascitur" And [the Order] rebirths demons. The second verb seems to be an error, being in the future perfect tense, while the others are present tense.