Ellemar was a Saradominist demonologist who performed demonic rituals. He read tomes on demon lore in order to better understand the race so that they could be fought more effectively, despite the fact that this had been forbidden by the Church of Saradomin.
At some point, Ellemar read about the weather demon Agrith Naar and discovered that he would not be able to exercise his powers on Gielinor if he were to be removed from Infernus. Therefore he and seven other people performed a summoning ritual, which was successful. With great effort they managed to imprison Agrith Naar in a cage but were unable to slay him. Because the cage was steadily weakening, they decided to trap the demon inside a human body, the result of which was Denath.
The Church of Saradomin soon found out about Ellemar's actions and charged him with them, after which he was executed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "I did read forbidden books, and I did perform unholy rituals forbidden by the Church of Saradomin... All knowledge of [demons] is suppressed by the Church. Should we not know our enemies? IF we were to read the tomes of demon-lore, and yet keep the light of Saradomin in our hearts, might we not find new and better ways to fight these beasts?"
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "[There are] demons working behind the scenes to cause natural disasters and accidents. The chief among these demons is Agrith Naar. If Agrith Naar were to be removed from his own dimension he would be unable to work his magic on the world."
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "The final act was for eight persons... The ritual was a success, and the great demon Agrith Naar appeared before us."
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "We had prepared a magical cage, and with difficulty we imprisoned the demon. However, we were unable to destroy him, though we tried every physical and magical means. Furthermore, the magical cage was weakening, and we feared it would not be able to contain him for long. Therefore we decided to" Note: The transcript ends after this, with the rest torn out.
- ^ Matthew, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Ellemar's book said that Agrith Naar can only use his powerful magics from the demon plane. Ellemar must have trapped him in human form to stop him using his magics. That must be what the last pages of the book said."
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "I know that it is too late to prevent my execution, and I do not dispute the letter of the charges against me."
|Related to the Desert quest series|