Elite skilling outfit
Elite skilling outfits are items which provide a range of unique bonuses for training a specific skill when worn. Additionally, each outfit provides an experience boost when training the relevant skill if the corresponding experience-boosting set is owned. The elite skilling outfits don't provide an experience boost on their own (except for the elite Dungeoneering outfits). For example, pieces of the Diviner's outfit need to be owned before the Elder divination outfits can give a boost to Divination experience.
Elite skilling outfit pieces were originally obtainable via a Treasure hunter promotion, and later from Vic the trader and Stanley Limelight, before eventually becoming available through the fragment system as part of Invention skill.
Individual pieces of an outfit can be traded with another player for another piece within that same set in a 1:1 trade. (e.g. a sapphire golem body can be traded for emerald golem gloves).
If the player has three of the tradable outfit pieces of the same type and from the same slot, they can be combined into a superior, non-tradable piece. (e.g. Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby golem gloves can be combined into Magic golem gloves for the Mining skill). The Dungeoneering trailbrazer outfit requires four pieces.
Elite outfits made through Invention[edit | edit source]
The player can start gathering the elite skilling outfit fragments after attaining level 70 in their respective skill. This opportunity took effect for the outfits originally available exclusively from Treasure Hunter: for the Mining and Runecrafting (since 14 November 2016), Fishing (since 6 March 2017), Thieving (since 5 June 2017), Divination (since 29 January 2018), Dungeoneering (since 13 August 2018), Woodcutting (since 24 June 2019), and Hunter (since 8 July 2019). The Farming outfit uses the fragment system despite never appearing on Treasure Hunter and being obtainable exclusively through the player-owned farm.
At level 80 in the respective skill, and with level 20 Invention, blueprints for the outfits can be researched and outfits can be manufactured on inventor's workbench. The rates at which the outfit fragments are gathered are also improved at level 99, level 120, and at 200 million experience.
|Skill||Component Sets||Combined Set||XP Boost||Obtaining and notes|
|Divination||Elder divination outfit||Up to 6%|
|Dungeoneering||Warped gorajan trailblazer outfit||Up to 7%|
|Farming||Master farmer outfit||Up to 6%|
|Fishing||Fury shark outfit||Up to 5%|
|Hunter||Volcanic trapper outfit||Up to 6%|
|Mining||Magic golem outfit||Up to 6%|
|Runecrafting||Infinity ethereal outfit||Up to 5%|
|Thieving||Master camouflage outfit||Up to 5%|
|Woodcutting||Nature's sentinel outfit||Up to 5%|
Elite outfits obtained through other means[edit | edit source]
The elite skilling outfits for Archaeology and Construction, the master archaeologist's outfit and the master constructor's outfit, are different from all other elite skilling outfits due to neither being made with fragments via Invention, nor having 3 component outfits. Instead, each piece of the archaeologist's outfit can be bought from the Archaeology Guild Shop upon completion of the Qualification - Guildmaster achievement and costs 50,000 chronotes each for a total of 250,000 chronotes. Similarly, each piece of the constructor's outfit can be purchased from Estate Agents Shop for 250 contract credits or won on Treasure Hunter.
|Skill||Set||XP Boost||Obtaining and notes|
|Archaeology||Master archaeologist's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Construction||Master constructor's outfit||Up to 6%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 28 June 2021 (Update):
- All Skill Outfits will now prompt you to destroy all pieces after one piece is destroyed.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Extra unusable fragments for Elite Skilling Outfits that are already completed are now removed.
- ninja 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Removed a message box when using the teleport option on Elite Skilling Outfits allowing you to get to your teleports much more quickly.
- patch 6 November 2017 (Update):
- Players can now destroy a whole elite skilling outfit set from the backpack at once.
- patch 21 August 2017 (Update):
- When finding an elite skilling outfit fragment it will now state how many you find.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Elite skilling outfits will now correctly give bonus XP if you log out and in.
- update 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Vic's Store added to game. Elite Mining outfits can be purchased from the store.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It was possible for free players to obtain elite set pieces through the Christmas Advent Calendar, which would result in unusable member's objects.