| Search the bookcase on the ground floor of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers’ Village.|
| Members only|
|Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
- About 5 each of water, earth, air and fire runes. (only 1 of each will be used in the final riddle)
- A knife (knife on your tool belt won't work; can be obtained during quest )
- 2 pieces of elemental ore to complete the quest, or 7 if you want the full chaos equipment set (obtainable during the quest)
- 8 pieces of coal (or 28 for the full set of chaos equipment, cannot be stored in an ore box, must be carried)
- Super restores to help replenish drained Runecrafting and Thieving stats (not needed to finish the quest, only necessary if making multiple set pieces)
- Search the north bookcase on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the Sorcerer's Tower to find a notched book.
- Read the book completely.
- Pick up the knife next to you in the Sorcerer's Tower then head to the anvil near the bank in Seers' Village.
- Use a knife on the whetstone in the building of the Elemental Workshop, west of the bank, to receive a keyblade.
- Head down into the workshop.
- Make 2 primed bars in the same way you did in the previous Elemental Workshop quests.
- Optional: Make 5 more if you want full set.
- Head to the bottom floor.
- Use the keyblade on the southern door.
- Head through the door and east to the pillar room.
- Solve the first puzzle (solution pictured right).
- Place the runes in the correct spots
- Operate the control panel south-east
- Rotate the pillars using the controls interface (bottom right)
- Press "Power Up"
- Solve the second and third puzzles.
- Operate the draining machine in the south-east corner of the room.
- After the cutscene, use a primed bar on the Machine directly south of the control panel.
- Correct the pillar that has changed position.
- Power up the control panel again.
- Operate the draining machine.
- Take the cosmic bar.
- Head upstairs to the workbench to make cosmic gloves.
- Head back downstairs into the newly-opened chaos room.
- Take the shabby book from the table in the north-west corner. Read it and keep it in your inventory during the quest.
- Operate the CPU (using the 6 levers) and input the following commands in order:
- Put the cube with the law rune on it onto the conveyor belt
- Get + Nature (tells him to get the cube on the shelf over the nature token)
- Put + Mind (this puts whatever he is holding onto the machine)
- Put the cube with the fire rune on it onto the conveyor belt.
- Puts a blank token on the workbench.
- Break + Law
- Get + Fire
- Put + Water
- Carve the token using a chisel and hammer.
- Take the new astral token and use it on the broken astral token to replace it.
- Put the cube with the astral rune on it onto the conveyor belt.
- Put the cube with the earth rune on it onto the conveyor belt.
- This instructs Da-Vi to break the second wall, then turn the chaos machine on.
- Break + Earth
- Operate + Chaos
- Equip your cosmic gloves.
- Use a primed bar on the machine table.
- Operate the draining machine (drains thieving level).
- Requires level 39 thieving. Use Super restore if needed.
- If it says "machine unpowered" input "Operate+Chaos" again then try again.
- Take the chaos bar.
- Optional: repeat the last 3 steps for each primed bar if you want to make more chaos pieces.
- Head upstairs to a workbench to make chaos boots. Lobbying will automatically put you right next to the anvil.
- Quest complete!
- Music unlocked
Elemental Workshop IV is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.