|Release||25 February 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Exchange||451,527,837 coins (info)|
|A sinister weapon from the depths of the Shadow Reef.|
|FAQ • doc|
The Eldritch crossbow is a two-handed crossbow that requires level 92 Ranged to wield. It may be obtained as three separate rare drops from the third elite dungeon, The Shadow Reef. It has to be assembled out of its three pieces, the stock, the limbs, and the mechanism, which are dropped by The Ambassador. 
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The Eldritch Crossbow has a special attack, Split Soul, requiring 25% adrenaline to activate. For 15 seconds, instead of healing the player, the Soul Split curse damages the player's target for 4 times the amount of life points it would have healed. This means that, given the diminishing returns from how Soul Split heals players, abilities that deal damage in multiple smaller hits, such as Rapid Fire, benefit more than abilities that have a single large hit, such as Snipe. The boost from the amulet of souls also increases the damage output. Damage dealt by the special attack is displayed as separate hits using blight hitsplats. Switching weapons will cause the effect to end early.
template = Calculator:Template/Combat/Split Soul form = exprCalcForm result = exprCalcResult param = damage|Damage hitsplat|2000|int|1-32000 param = souls|Is the Amulet of souls or Amulet of souls (or) being used?|Yes|select|No,Yes
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Eldritch crossbow limb||1||535,029||535,029|
|Eldritch crossbow stock||1||512,928||512,928|
|Eldritch crossbow mechanism||1||492,473||492,473|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Eldritch crossbow when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 4,800,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0 param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 28 December 2018.
- ^ February Month Ahead Q&A.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 14 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 15 February 2019.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 4 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 4 March 2019.) Mod Shauny: "The special attack of the Eldritch crossbow is no longer capped at 750."
|Dyed ascension crossbows|
|Dyed Blightbound crossbows|
|Dyed Eldritch crossbows|