Elder chronicle (Freneskae)
|Release||6 May 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to harvest more elder springs in Freneskae's Elder Halls to have the chance to find more elder chronicles.|
|Backpack||Offer-1, Offer-X, Offer-All, Destroy|
|On death||Always lost|
|The memory of an elder god.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Elder chronicles are memory fragments gathered by harvesting from elder wisps within Freneskae. They are akin to chronicle fragments in that they may spawn randomly from an elder spring and grant Hunter experience based on the player's level when collected. They may be offered to May Stormbrewer near Draynor Village, or Guthix's resting place. Using the latter location grants 33% more experience but also requires completion of The World Wakes to access. Alternatively, the chronicle may be used on the energy rift to charge it, eventually spawning an enriched elder wisp and temporarily granting the Memory Overflow buff. If the chronicle is gathered quickly, an enhanced elder chronicle is granted instead. Elder chronicles can only be used to empower the energy rift in Freneskae.
When offered or used to charge the rift, they grant an amount of experience in a chosen skill. Bonus experience does affect the experience received. For every 10 offered, there is a small piece of lore relating to the Elder Gods. These lore fragments may be re-read at any time at the same locations where the fragments may be handed in. Obtaining all 10 pieces of elder god lore from the chronicles, which equates to offering 100 chronicles, is a trimmed completionist cape and master quest cape requirement.
If the player wishes to complete the achievement as fast as possible, the pontifex observation ring (or its upgrade) is strongly recommended for its increased chronicle fragment spawn rate. Additionally, the elder divination outfit is heavily recommended for its 7% chance to double elder chronicles. Finally, using the Chronicle Attraction curse or a spirit attraction potion allows the player to catch the chronicle without interaction. Please note that the chronicles must be offered to May, Guthix's resting place, or from the inventory to count progress towards the lore pieces and the achievement; handing them into the energy rift will not count.
When an elder chronicle spawns, it will prompt the message. It will be temporarily instanced so that only the player for whom it spawned may see it. After a short while, other players will be able to catch it.
Prior to completion of the Memorial to Guthix tutorial, a maximum of 30 elder chronicle may be possessed at once. Once players reach the limit, they will need to offer chronicles to either May Stormbrewer, Eilwynn, or Guthix's resting place in exchange for Divination experience before gathering more. This limit is removed after Memorial to Guthix, at which point players are able to possess an unlimited amount of chronicles before turning them in. Harmony of Naragun does not affect elder chronicles.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- You're Not My Real Mah ( 25) – Gather elder chronicle fragments in the Elder Halls of Freneskae.
Experience table[edit | edit source]
The following table shows the experience gained from 10 chronicle fragments at various levels. The experience gained from May Stormbrewer and Eilwynn is 75% of that gained from Guthix's shrine, and serves as a good alternative for those who haven't completed The World Wakes.
|Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer / Eilwynn||Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer / Eilwynn|
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- From darkness is born light, the spark of life. The child is full of wonder, imagination, and innocence. Thus came Edda-Mah.
- From Mah, the light by which to see, the dark in which to hide. The potential for all life, and a place for all things.
- From matter is born shape, ever growing and changing. The youth increases in knowledge and power. Thus came Edda-Bik.
- From Bik, the clay to shape, to build and destroy. Form and reform. The changing of states, of forms, of function.
- From the cold is born fear, shrinking and death. The corpse lies still and lifeless. Thus came Edda-Wen.
- From Wen, the cold to harden and freeze, to brittle and fracture the clay. The ending of things, to break apart. To reflect on the past.
- From the heat is born passion, growth and life. The maiden feels love and joy. Thus came Edda-Ful.
- From Ful, the heat to soften and burn, to work and fire the clay. The beginning of things, to start anew. To experience the now.
- From life is born experience, wisdom and intelligence. The matron is nurturing and caring. Thus came Edda-Jas.
- From Jas, the thought to lead them all. The preparation, the plan, the execution. To look to the future.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Chronicle fragments will now spawn next to you and remain immobile. If you're paying attention and grab the Chronicle Fragment within six seconds, you'll get an Enriched Chronicle worth a little bit more XP - and a lot more progress towards Overloaded Energy Rifts.
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- You can now progress 'You're not my Real Mah' even when donating more Elder Chronicles than required.
|Rifts / sources|