|Release||25 October 2021 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||7,200,000 coins|
|Low alch||4,800,000 coins|
|This wicked obsidian sword glows menacingly from within.|
|Exchange||1,504,941,080 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The Ek-ZekKil, commonly referred to as the Zuk sword, is obtained by combining an obsidian blade, magma core, and ancient hilt, all of which can be obtained after defeating TzKal-Zuk in Hard Mode. The sword itself is a tier 95 two-handed melee weapon which requires 95 Strength to wield.
The sword is considered to be an obsidian weapon, meaning that the berserker necklace provides 5% damage bonus when worn.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The sword has a special attack called Igneous Cleave, which costs 50% adrenaline and has a 60 second cooldown.
When used, the player cleaves at their target for 62%-190% initial ability damage, before inflicting a bleed of 6 hits, the first hit of the bleed dealing 30%-105% ability damage. Each subsequent hit deals a multiplicative 5% increased amount of damage from the previous. If the first bleed hit deals damage, the second bleed hit will deal , the third bleed hit will deal , etc. Each bleed hit lands 4 ticks after the previous.
This can be affected by the passive effect of the Masterwork Spear of Annihilation, increasing the number of bleed hits by 50% of the default 6 hits, bringing the number of bleed hits up to 9. However, this requires placing the Ek-ZekKil in an Essence of Finality amulet.
If a target is suffering from this special attack and is hit with another bleed or burn ability, an additional bleed hit of Igneous Cleave is added. Up to 5 additional bleed hits can be inflicted this way.
- The following abilities are able to extend the duration of Igneous Cleave:
- Basics: Dismember, Combust, Fragmentation Shot
- Thresholds: Slaughter, Blood Tendrils
- Ultimates: Massacre, Deadshot
- Furthermore, the abyssal scourge passive effect, Abyssal Parasite, is able to extend the duration of Igneous Cleave.
- The following abilities are unable to extend the duration of Igneous Cleave:
- Basics: Corruption Blast, Corruption Shot, Puncture (Greater Dazing Shot)
- Ultimates: Incendiary Shot
If Igneous Cleave is cast on a target already afflicted by Igneous Cleave, the bleed is overwritten and starts again based on this new cast.
The following table shows the possible number of bleed hits that Igneous Cleave is able to deal. This table takes into consideration the number of bleed or burn abilities used as well as if the special attack is cast directly from Ek-ZekKil or if it is cast from the Essence of Finality ability with an equipped Masterwork Spear of Annihilation.
|Setup||Number of bleed or burn abilities used|
while Igneous Cleave is active
This special attack is particularly powerful when cast with the Masterwork Spear of Annihilation and Essence of Finality ability, despite being sourced from a weapon that is 3 tiers of damage lower. This is because of the 5% increase in damage for each subsequent bleed hit of Igneous Cleave.
This special attack works well with the gloves of passage (and its enhanced variant) as their passive effect provides a 20% increase in damage from bleeds for 10 seconds following a successful hit from Smash or Havoc.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Repair[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 4,800,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 1,200,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
Non-player characters[edit source]
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob—the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant—the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan—the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire—in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts):
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||4,800,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||4,800,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||144,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||288,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||480,000|
Dyed[edit | edit source]
The Ek-ZekKil can be recoloured with certain dyes for purely cosmetic purposes. A warning message is given when attempting to dye a plain Ek-ZekKil.
Once the dye is applied, the Ek-ZekKil becomes permanently untradeable.
|Item||Ek-ZekKil (Barrows)||Ek-ZekKil (shadow)||Ek-ZekKil (Third Age)||Ek-ZekKil (blood)||Ek-ZekKil (ice)||Ek-ZekKil (Aurora)|
Comparison with other melee weapons[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed swords|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 March 2022 (Update):
- Using Incendiary Shot, players were able to extend Igneous Cleave (Ek-ZekKil's special attack). This was unintended and has now been fixed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 Oct 2021. (Archived from the original on 20 Oct 2021.) Mod Sponge: "50% 60s cooldown"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 Oct 2021. (Archived from the original on 20 Oct 2021.) Mod Sponge: "It's like other bleeds so if i hit a 2000 my next hit would be 2000 + the 5% So 2000, 2100, 2205, 2315 etc"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 Oct 2021. (Archived from the original on 20 Oct 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Yes"
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|
Two-handed slash weapons
|Dyed noxious scythe|
|Dyed Zaros godsword|
- Grand Exchange items
- Members' items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are reclaimable on death
- Untradeable items
- Tradeable items
- Non-GE items
- Tier 95 equipment
- Two-handed slot items
- Degrading equipment
- Melee weapons
- Items that disassemble into Base parts
- Items that disassemble into Blade parts
- Items that disassemble into Metallic parts
- Items that disassemble into Sharp components
- Items that disassemble into Strong components
- Disassemble category/2h sword
- Items that cannot disassemble into Junk
- TzekHaar Front
- Elder God Wars Dungeon
- Weapons that have special attacks
- Obsidian weapons
- Dyeable equipment