The Eastern Exiles are a group of seafaring clans in the Wushanko Isles who reject the authority and laws of the isles' rulers, the khans. They are usually considered equivalent to pirates in the eyes of westerners, but easterners sympathetic to them may argue this is a generalisation. There are three major clans: the Blazing Lantern, the Golden Katana, and the Storm Riders. Although they share a common dislike for the khans, they are more fiercely opposed to each other. In the various Break it Up, Boys voyages, the player intercedes in conflicts between the different clans.
Clans[edit | edit source]
Blazing Lanterns[edit | edit source]
The Blazing Lantern clan have a reputation for taking care of their men with good food and wine. Consequently, a Blazing Lantern Clansman or a Blazing Lantern Hull contributes to a ship's morale in the player-owned port. They are also the ones who bring The Black Marketeer all his goods. Aside from the Captains of their ships, the Blazing Lantern leadership also include chieftains.
Golden Katanas[edit | edit source]
Storm Riders[edit | edit source]
Encounters with unspecified exiles[edit | edit source]
- In a West Meets East voyages from the Arc, the player's crew has to intercede in a fight between pirates from Port Sarim and unidentified Eastern Exiles.
- In an A Daring Raid voyage from the Skull, the player's crew raids a storehouse belonging to a group of aggressive exiles.
- In a To the Rescue voyage from the Skull, the player's crew has to intercede in a fight between mermaids and a small band of exiles.
- In an Expansion voyage from the Skull, the player's crew captures a small outpost on Thalassia, belonging to some exiles.
- In a For the Good of All voyage from the Skull, the player's crew attacks a brutal exile's ship that is vulnerable, making the area around Thalassia safer for all.
- In a To the Rescue voyage from the Skull, the player's crew has to intercede in a fight between a group of exiles and a ship of evacuees.
- In a To Gain through Death voyage from the Skull, Ling steals a vast suply of gunpowder from a ruthless exile.
- In a To the Rescue voyage from the Hook, the player's crew has to intercede in a fight between exiles and the convoy of turtle-riding traders transporting ancient bones that they are chasing.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e Captain (player-owned port), "Player-owned port", RuneScape. "Exiles don't obey the law of khans; they don't recognise the rulers of the Wushanko Isles. Because of this, they spend their time out at sea. There are three major clans: the Golden Katanas - they live for bloodshed and cannonfire. Then there's the Storm Riders - they're full of ol' sea dogs.Finally there's the Blazing Lanters. No one is happier than a member of the Blazing Lantern crew. They look after their own with good food and wine. Thing is, the only people the Exiles hate more than the khans is each other. The Storm Riders hate the Blazing Lanters, the Blazing Lanterns despise the Golden Katanas, who - in turn - detest the Storm Riders."
- ^ a b The Black Marketeer, "Player-owned port", RuneScape. "I work with a group of exiles: the Blazing Lantern clan. They are sailors who operate in the Wushanko Islands but who have rejected the rule of khans. A westerner might call them pirates, but that would be a generalisation. The khans who rule the Wushanko Islands are chosen, mostly, for their skills on a ship. Some men an women don't believe that's a just enough reason to rule. If your island is ruled by a cruel khan, the others won't intervene."
- ^ The Forgotten Scrolls, "Player-owned port", RuneScape. "The Convict has been informed that a rare piece of a forgotten scroll is in the hands of a Blazing Lantern chieftain. Help him raid the Blazing Lantern's barracks to claim it. His skills will prove vital for success."
- ^ West Meets East, RuneScape. "Intercede in a fight between vicious Port Sarim pirates and ruthless Eastern Exiles."
- ^ A Daring Raid, RuneScape. "Raid a storehouse belonging to a group of aggressive exiles."
- ^ To the Rescue, RuneScape. "Intercede in a fight between mermaids and a small band of exiles."
- ^ Expansion, RuneScape. "Capture a small outpost, belonging to exiles, near Thalassia. It will be a useful asset."
- ^ For the Good of All, RuneScape. "You hear that a particularly brutal exile's ship is vulnerable. An attack could make the area around Thalassia safer for all."
- ^ To the Rescue, RuneScape. "Intercede in a fight between a group of exiles and a ship of evacuees."
- ^ To Gain through Death, RuneScape. "The Assassin has heard that a rather ruthless exile has a vast supply of gunpowder, help her 'take' it from him."
- ^ To the Rescue, RuneScape. "Intercede in a fight between a convoy of turtle-riding traders, who are transporting ancient bones, and the exiles who are pursuing them."