Quick guide for Eadgar's Ruse
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Sanfew in Taverley|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
If you completed the Druidic Ritual or Death Plateau quests before they were reworked on 31 January 2012, you must complete the updated versions of those quests before starting this quest unless you go up Trollheim the way near the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, in which case, doing the new Death Plateau is unneeded, but doing the new Druidic Ritual is still required.
Getting started[edit | edit source]
The troll cook[edit | edit source]
Eadgar's plan[edit | edit source]
Tricking the trolls[edit | edit source]
- Walk back out of the stronghold and head east to the top of the mountain. Eadgar's Cave is on top of the mountain with the thrower trolls, the world map marks this as Trollheim.
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Talk to Parroty Pete at the Ardougne Zoo. He is located at the northern end by the wolves.
- Talk to him again.
- Right click the pineapple chunks and use them on the vodka to obtain alco-chunks.
- Use the alco-chunks on the aviary hatch on the west side of the parrot cage.
- Head back to Eadgar and talk to him. Make sure to pick up raw chickens and logs on the way, if you don't already have them.
- Head to the stronghold.
- Go north and down the stairs, then pass through the prison door (to your east) and climb down the stairs.
- Use the "Drunk Parrot" on the rack north of the prison cells.
- Head back to Eadgar with your parrot still under the rack.
- Talk to Eadgar and he'll take the wheat, raw chickens, and one of your logs.
- Head to Taverley and talk to Tegid who can be found doing laundry at the water's edge south of the herblore skill tutor.
- Head back to Eadgar and talk to him.
Truth serum[edit | edit source]
- Search all the grassy areas near Eadgar's cave until you find a tiny Troll thistle growing in a patch of grass (this will be the only one with a "pick" option).
- Make a fire with your remaining logs. (if you didn't bring logs there's a fire down at the Troll Stronghold)
- Use the Troll thistle on the fire and then grind it.
- Use the ground thistle on ranarr potion (unf) to obtain the troll potion
- Talk to Eadgar.
- Get the parrot from the rack and then talk to Eadgar again. You'll get a fake man.
Obtaining goutweed[edit | edit source]
- Go back to the kitchen in the stronghold and give the dummy to Burntmeat.
- Search the kitchen drawers for the storeroom key.
- Climb down the stairs directly north of the kitchen drawers to enter the storeroom.
- Sit at the entrance of the door & wait until the guard patrolling the northernmost lane goes south. Quickly run west down the same lane and after you turn the corner use the Surge ability and run south to the goutweed. If done correctly, you will surge through the western most guards and be able to immediately obtain a goutweed.
- Alternatively, use safe spots (U-shaped areas with boxes on three sides) to pass the guards.
- Run to the first safe spot, the middle safe spot in the third row of boxes from the entrance, after the trolls patrolling the first row and the eastern second row just pass you.
- Wait for the troll which travels north on the western side to make the turn to the east, then run to the safe spot on the southern side of the third row.
- Wait until the troll guard approaching you from the south has turned the west, then run to the crate with the goutweed. Make sure that you are standing to the side of the crate or you will get caught.
- Get 2 goutweed if you're planning on doing Dream Mentor.
- Head back to Sanfew and give him the goutweed.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 11,000 experience
- Ability to grow and steal goutweed, which can be traded for herbs
- Ability to use the Trollheim Teleport spell
- Burnt meat
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Eadgar's Ruse is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- King of the Dwarves
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- While Guthix Sleeps
|Part 2 of the Druid's Circles quest series • Part 3 of the Troll quest series|