|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Main music||Cave Background|
|Strongest monster||King scorpion (level 39)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Dwarven mines are a large dungeon in Asgarnia containing a number of mines, with entrances south of Ice Mountain and in Falador. The nearest banks are in eastern Falador, one north of Falador entrance and one to the east in the Artisans' Workshop. Additionally, there are bank deposit boxes located in the Dwarven Mine resource dungeon and in the Living Rock Caverns.
Players with level 60 Mining or higher may access the Mining Guild through the door in the southernmost part of the mine. Near the entrance are scorpions and king scorpions, aggressive if players have a combat level below 79.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Main entrance: In the foothills of the Ice Mountain, north of the Falador to Gunnarsgrunn road. Using a Combat bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery is a quick way to get to this entrance.
- Falador Entrance: A building in the far northeast of Falador has stairs down to the south end of the mine. A Falador Teleport is a fast way to get here and to get to the next entrance.
- South gate: Entrance to the Mining Guild, level 60 Mining required.
- Mine Cart: Members may use the Mine cart Transportation Network, to enter the mine in the north-west section. This two-way network allows players to travel between the Dwarven Mine and the bustling dwarven capital of Keldagrim. From the cart station in Keldagrim it is also possible to travel to White Wolf Mountain and the Grand Exchange, provided that the quest Fishing Contest has been completed. One fast way to get to the mine is to take the carts from the Grand Exchange to Keldagrim and then to Ice Mountain. (Also, the train station in Keldagrim is next to the carts and thus allows access from Dorgesh-Kaan, provided that the Another Slice of H.A.M. quest has been completed.)
- After completing the Perils of Ice Mountain quest, a trapdoor route becomes available within the Power Station next to Ice Mountain. It leads to Nurmof's room.
Mines[edit | edit source]
The following mines are located directly within the dungeon:
- Dwarven bronze mine
- Dwarven coal mine
- Dwarven iron mine
- Dwarven luminite mine
- Mining Guild (requires 60 Mining)
In addition, the following mines can be accessed by going deeper into the dungeon:
- Dwarven mine resource dungeon (requires 15 Dungeoneering)
- Mining Guild resource dungeon (requires 45 Dungeoneering and 60 Mining)
- Living Rock Caverns
Shops[edit | edit source]
There are several shops in the Dwarven Mine:
- Nurmof's Pickaxe Shop, which sells pickaxes from bronze to rune.
- Drogo's Mining Emporium, which sells pickaxes, hammers, ores and bars.
- Crossbow Shop, which sells bolts, crossbows, crossbow limbs, and crossbow stocks.
- Dwarven Shopping Store, a general storerun by a dwarf near the carts.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Dwarf, level 14
Scorpion, level 17
Dwarf gang member, level 35
King Scorpion, level 39 (aggressive to players under level 79 combat)
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 November 2015 (Update):
- A table that was sticking through a wall in the Dwarven Mine has been rotated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you examine the agility short cut it says "just another crack in the wall", this is likely a reference to the Pink Floyd song "Another brick in the wall".