|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Main music||Cave Background|
|Strongest monster||King scorpion (level 39)|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Allowed|
|Quests taking place here||No|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Dwarven mines are a large dungeon in Asgarnia containing a number of mines, with entrances south of Ice Mountain and in Falador. The nearest banks are in eastern Falador, one north of Falador entrance and one to the east in the Artisans' Workshop. Additionally, there are bank deposit boxes located in the Dwarven Mine resource dungeon and in the Living Rock Caverns.
Players with level 60 Mining or higher may access the Mining Guild through the door in the southernmost part of the mine. Near the entrance are scorpions and king scorpions, aggressive if players have a combat level below 79.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Main entrance: In the foothills of the Ice Mountain, north of the Falador to Gunnarsgrunn road. Using a Combat bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery is a quick way to get to this entrance.
- Falador Entrance: A building in the far northeast of Falador has stairs down to the south end of the mine. A Falador Teleport is a fast way to get here and to get to the next entrance.
- South gate: Entrance to the Mining Guild, level 60 Mining required.
- Mine Cart: Members may use the Mine cart Transportation Network, to enter the mine in the north-west section. This two-way network allows players to travel between the Dwarven Mine and the bustling dwarven capital of Keldagrim. From the cart station in Keldagrim it is also possible to travel to White Wolf Mountain and the Grand Exchange, provided that the quest Fishing Contest has been completed. One fast way to get to the mine is to take the carts from the Grand Exchange to Keldagrim and then to Ice Mountain. (Also, the train station in Keldagrim is next to the carts and thus allows access from Dorgesh-Kaan, provided that the Another Slice of H.A.M. quest has been completed.)
- After completing the Perils of Ice Mountain quest, a trapdoor route becomes available within the Power Station next to Ice Mountain. It leads to Nurmof's room.
Features[edit | edit source]
Mines[edit | edit source]
The following mines are located directly within the dungeon:
- Dwarven bronze mine
- Dwarven coal mine
- Dwarven iron mine
- Dwarven luminite mine
- Mining Guild (requires 60 Mining)
In addition, the following mines can be accessed by going deeper into the dungeon:
- Dwarven mine resource dungeon (requires 15 Dungeoneering)
- Mining Guild resource dungeon (requires 45 Dungeoneering and 60 Mining)
- Living Rock Caverns
Shops[edit | edit source]
There are several shops in the Dwarven Mine:
- Nurmof's Pickaxe Shop, which sells pickaxes from bronze to rune.
- Drogo's Mining Emporium, which sells pickaxes, hammers, ores and bars.
- Crossbow Shop, which sells bolts, crossbows, crossbow limbs, and crossbow stocks.
- Dwarven Shopping Store, a general storerun by a dwarf near the carts.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Nurmof, a dwarf who runs the pickaxe shop and plays a small part in the Perils of Ice Mountain quest.
- Drogo dwarf, a dwarf who runs the Mining Emporium
- Cart Conductor, a dwarf who runs the Ice Mountain stop for the mine cart transit system.
- Hura, a dwarf who runs the crossbow shop.
- Hammerspike Stoutbeard, a dwarven gangster who plays a small part in the One Small Favour quest.
- Boot, a dwarf who plays a small part in the Family Crest quest.
- Dwarf (Mining Guild), a dwarf who guards the entrance to the Mining Guild mines.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Dwarf, level 14. Numerous dwarves are found throughout the mines.
- Scorpion, level 17. These are aggressive towards players with a combat level of less than 35.
- Dwarf gang member, level 35. Several hang out with Hammerspike.
- King Scorpion, level 39. The two king scorpions are aggressive towards players with a combat level of less than 79. They can become tolerant of players after several kills, however. The Dwarven Mine is one of the few places where King Scorpions reside.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Two forges and two anvils can be found south of the entrance to the Living Rock Caverns.
- One small Summoning obelisk is in the centre of the mine.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you examine the agility short cut it says "just another crack in the wall", this is likely a reference to the Pink Floyd song "Another brick in the wall".