|Release||17 April 2015 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A powered-up prototype dwarven tool that aids with Woodcutting.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A dwarven chainaxe is an item obtained from dwarven toolboxes, which were available on Treasure Hunter from 17 April 2015 to 20 April 2015. Inactive versions of the chainaxe are available after 13 July 2016.
It can be used to gain double the amount of logs cut with no experience gained, or it can be used to double the amount of experience with no logs gained. It lasts for 100 charges, only consuming a charge upon success of an action.
If the item is used with an augmented dragon hatchet or augmented crystal hatchet, the dwarven tool will take priority, and the other item will be ignored in terms of charge drain, perk, and item experience gain.
Mechanics and restrictions[edit | edit source]
Places where the dwarven chainaxe's features work include:
- The dwarven chainaxe stacks with bonus experience, meaning players can get quadruple experience. It will work on ivy as well as Golden Bamboo.
- When used with golden bamboo, it causes the resource to deplete twice as fast, i.e a player cannot get more than 100 golden bamboo from one spot.
- The double experience works on crystal trees, as well as trees affected by Crystallise, making it the best option for doubling experience as crystal trees and crystallised trees produce no logs.
- The chainaxe works with divine locations; however, only gaining double logs stacks with the bonus from Guthixian Caches.
- The chainaxe works on elder trees.
- The chainaxe also provides double log and vine produce during Big Game Hunter.
- The dwarven chainaxe doubling experience works with overgrown idols.
Places where the dwarven chainaxe's features do not work or are incompatible with another effect:
- The chainaxe does not work on Clan Citadel skilling plots.
- The chainaxe will cut double number of logs but they will count only as a single log for Daily Challenges, meaning, that even if the chainaxe will cut 30 logs, they will be counted only as 15 for the Daily Challenge.
- The double logs feature will not double the amount of crystal fragments gained when the chainaxe is used on a branching crystal on Tarddiad, but its charges will still be consumed.
- Neither double logs nor double experience work on jade roots in the Jadinko Lair, but no charges are consumed.
- It does not stack with the perfect juju woodcutting potion; the experience from the extra log is still added, but not doubled by it. This does not consume additional charges.
- The double logs feature does not work on bloodwood trees. This does not consume additional charges.
- If you are using the log banking ability from the Evil Tree Distraction and Diversion, the chainaxe will not double the number of logs gathered, though it will continue to use charges. Additionally, the escort effect will not appear when a log is cut.
- During certain bonus experience events (such as Double XP Weekends), the dwarven chainaxe cannot be used. Even if the item is in the player's inventory, it will not activate in either double experience or double resource mode, and charges will not be used. If a bonus (degrading) experience event is active, the chainaxe will be used, but no charges will drain. This means the player can utilise the chainaxe as a free tier 75 tool similar to the crystal hatchet.