|Release||17 April 2015 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it|
|Backpack||Check charges, Change mode, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A powered-up prototype dwarven tool that aids with Woodcutting.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A dwarven chainaxe is an item obtained from dwarven toolboxes, which were available on Treasure Hunter from 17 April 2015 to 20 April 2015. Inactive versions of the chainaxe are available after 13 July 2016.
It can be used to gain double the amount of logs cut with no experience gained, or it can be used to double the amount of experience with no logs gained. It lasts for 100 charges, only consuming a charge upon success of an action.
You can get a Dwarven Toolbox from Vic the Trader which you can convert to any of the five Dwarven tools.
In double-xp-mode, this the dwarven chainaxe doubles base xp and bonus xp is awarded equally to the double base xp earning a player 4x the amount of xp. Additional xp from skilling outfits is based on the already doubled base xp.
For example: Overgrown idols give 383.5 xp. Using a dwarven chain axe would double it giving 767; (383.5 x 2). Using a dwarven chain axe with bonus xp would result in 1534 xp; (383.5 x 4). Using a dwarven chain axe with bonus xp and the full Lumberjack outfit (5% boost) would result in 1572 xp; (383.5 x 2 x 2.05 or 383.5 x 4.1).
When training woodcutting, some methods of training have a greater focus on the quantity of logs for xp, such as chopping acadia trees, in these methods it is not advantageous to use a dwarven chainaxe in double-xp-mode since charges are depleted quickly. Instead chop a resource that gives a larger amount of base xp per successful chop.
Mechanics and restrictions[edit | edit source]
Places where the dwarven chainaxe's features work include:
- The dwarven chainaxe stacks with bonus experience, meaning players can get quadruple experience. It will work on ivy as well as Golden Bamboo.
- When used with golden bamboo, it causes the resource to deplete twice as fast, i.e a player cannot get more than 100 golden bamboo from one spot.
- The double experience works on crystal trees, as well as trees affected by Crystallise, making it the best option for doubling experience as crystal trees and crystallised trees produce no logs.
- The chainaxe works with divine locations; however, only gaining double logs stacks with the bonus from Guthixian Caches.
- The chainaxe works on elder trees.
- The chainaxe also provides double log and vine produce during Big Game Hunter.
- The dwarven chainaxe doubling experience works with overgrown idols.
- The dwarven chainaxe resource doubling works when teleported to bank by evil trees buff, making it a good option for gathering many logs without having to make trips to banks.
- The dwarven chainaxe, when set to double resources, does provide double progress for a Daily Challenge. That is, when the chainaxe provides two logs for no experience the Daily Challenge will increment by two.
- They work in combination with knowledge bombs.
Places where the dwarven chainaxe's features do not work or are incompatible with another effect:
- The chainaxe does not work on Clan Citadel skilling plots.
- The double experience feature will not work on evil trees.
- The double logs feature will not double the amount of crystal fragments gained when the chainaxe is used on a branching crystal on Tarddiad, but its charges will still be consumed.
- Neither double logs nor double experience work on jade roots in the Jadinko Lair, but no charges are consumed.
- The experience bonus stacks additively, not multiplicatively, with the perfect juju woodcutting potion; the experience from the extra log is still added, but not doubled by it (totaling 300%, rather than 400%, xp for the action). This does not consume additional charges. Likewise, it stacks additively with the potion (i.e. you get 3 logs when both activate).
- The double logs feature does not work on bloodwood trees. This does not consume additional charges.
- During certain bonus experience events (such as Double XP Weekends), the dwarven chainaxe cannot be used. Even if the item is in the player's inventory, it will not activate in either double experience or double resource mode, and charges will not be used. If a bonus (degrading) experience event is active, the chainaxe will be used, but no charges will drain. This means the player can utilise the chainaxe as a free tier 75 tool similar to the crystal hatchet.
- While on a Yak Trak task for chopping logs, no progress will be made if set to consume logs for double xp.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- Dwarven Chainaxe abilities now work when wearing the full Nature's Sentinel outfit configured to consume logs.
- patch 8 February 2021 (Update):
- Tooltips for Dwarven tools now show which mode they are currently in.
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- Using a Dwarven Chainaxe in Double XP mode will no longer double progress towards Daily Challenges, but using Double Resources mode will still increase your progress towards them.
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Dwarven tools with 1 charge left now correctly use the plural 'charges' when checking charges.
- patch 30 August 2016 (Update):