Dungeoneering keys are items which can be used to unlock certain doors in Daemonheim while training the skill Dungeoneering. The types of keys available are differentiated between by the shape and colour. The dungeon boss can be behind a key-locked door. Often the keys unlock doors on a side of the dungeon opposite that of which it is picked up. Keys are very often picked up to unlock doors to rooms for the room bonus at the completion of a dungeon. It is a good idea to pick up all keys to achieve maximum Dungeoneering experience.
There are 63 keys in total. The gold shield key was removed from the game shortly after the release of the skill.
Since the Keybag update the keys themselves are unobtainable in their item form, as they go straight into the bag upon being picked up. Thus, if a key is picked up, it's immediately available for all party members to use.
Whenever a key is found, a brown message appears in the party's chatboxes, saying "Your party found a key: <Colour> [shape] key."
Key varieties[edit | edit source]
- ^ Does not exist any more.
Key abbreviations[edit | edit source]
Within the dungeon's the names of the different keys are often abbreviated. To form a key abbreviation state the colour first then the shape; e.g. crimson corner would be cco or crco.
Avoid saying "g" for colour or "c" for shape as they can be confused between the gold/green colours and corner/crescent shapes respectively.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 November 2016 (Update):
- Loot beams no longer remain on a Dungeoneering key after another player in the group has taken the key.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Dungeoneering keys can now be looted from the loot interface with a full inventory.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Clicking on a key door after killing all monsters in a Dungeoneering room no longer triggers the message that the door will not be unlocked until all guardians have been slain.
- Spells no longer disappear from the spellbook in Dungeoneering, when opening the interface for Dungeoneering keys.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gold rectangle key originally looked completely different from the other rectangle keys. This is no longer the case.
- At one point, the corner keys had a bug where some of them appeared to have grey filling around the edge of their shapes. This has not been fixed.
- Dungeoneering keys in Fremennik Sagas remain as items in inventory.