In order to maximise prestige, and thus increase Dungeoneering experience gained, players must tick off every single floor before resetting their progress. Players with higher Dungeoneering levels will have a large number of floors to tick off, however the level modifier leads to base experience for the lowest floors being roughly half that received for a player's highest floors.
Doing a floor "properly" in large, complexity 6, 5:5 mode can take over an hour, and the rate at which experience is gained will be reduced if the player only receives half of their maximum base experience. To get around this many players rush through lower floors in quick succession as fast as possible, disregarding the amount of experience they receive on these floors in order to tick off all floors as quickly as possible.
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Party: A full team of five sharing tasks will progress fastest, as selecting the 5:1 option will mean the dungeon is still designed for one player; having more players also makes it easier to continue after some drop out. Following multiple drop outs, regrouping may be a good way to increase speed, but time spent recruiting a new party may offset this.
The party should be advertised as a C1 5:1 rush over many floors to avoid players misunderstanding the rush approach, holding up the raid, and then dropping out.
Solo: A single player can easily rush their lower floors on complexity 1, in only a little more time than a full party.
Floor: The leader should pick the lowest floor that they are yet to tick off, (gathering a group at level 1 is considerably easier), as the floor number will increase each round.
Complexity: Complexity one provides the fewest obstacles to overcome, aiding fast completion.
Other: A small dungeon on guide mode and 5:1, can be completed fastest.
Skip the Winterface immediately as it appears, do not wait for the animation to lapse. If any players are unaware of how to skip the Winterface to the next floor, their teammates should teach them as a 30 second delay between every floor will soon add up.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
The whole approach should be geared completely to speed, not experience, as the aim is to tick the floor. Tactics include:
- Avoid stocking up food/armour drops etc. as enemies will be lower level on rushes. Deaths resulting on reduced experience gained isn't an issue, however it prolongs the duration of the floor as you spawn in the starting room and may be required to travel back to where you have left off.
- Avoid setting up your binds with the Smuggler, this should be done in any other parties when not rushing.
- Disable auto retaliate, only kill enemies in guardian rooms, and run past all other enemies.
- Use Surge whenever possible.
- Create a Gatestone next to doors which you do not have the key for.
- Party - Always split the party where possible to cover ground faster, communicating what doors are found between sub-teams.
- Party - In guardian rooms, have one player run ahead to the locked door quickly while the remaining party finish off the last guardians.
- Set quick prayers to your best offensive prayer (e.g. Turmoil/Piety) and use when doing guardian rooms.
- Everybody can key now thanks to an update, so one person does not need to hold all keys.
- Magic attacks are highly recommended throughout the rush especially against the Bulwark beast, Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz, Hobgoblin Geomancer and Sagittare.
- It is recommended for players to leave a gatestone on the boss room so that they can quickly return to the fight should they die.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Tactics for other bosses include:
- Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz: The boss will appear right before the exit. At this position, it is not recommended to slide directly in front of the boss, as its melee attack will push you back to the other end of the room, prolonging the duration of the floor. The sliding effect can however be negated with Gorajan trailblazer outfits.
- Gluttonous behemoth: Upon entering, stand between the behemoth and the carcass to prevent the boss from healing. If in a party, assign only 1 player to do so.
- Stomp: If in a party, assign 2 players to pick up the crystals with the others clearing all debris.
- Skeletal Horde: Stand in front of the left or right most tunnel entrance and block it once the skinweaver sends the message, working your way around the perimeter of the room. If in a party, assign only 1 player to block the tunnel entrances (with auto-retaliate turned off). It is possible, although difficult, for 2 players to block 2 tunnels at the same time.
- Night-gazer Khighorahk: Light the pillars closest to the entrance door.
- Sagittare: Use only magic attacks. If in a party, players who do not possess magic weapons should stay near the exit.