The Duellist's cap is a hat that keeps track of the amount of kills that the wearer has achieved in the Duel Arena. It has more detail for each milestone reached. As with the Wildstalker helmet, this cap will give the owner the ability to transmogrify into a statue, which shows various PvP statistics of the owner, such as kills, deaths, and current kills in a row. It will also give access to the emote by selecting Brag when the hat is worn.
The hat can turn a player into a statue with any hat other than the tier one. This hat is obtainable by speaking to Estocada, the man brandishing a fine sword at the gates of the Duel Arena. The kills are tracked in both F2P and P2P worlds.
The cap can (but doesn't have to) change look after a certain number of wins. Once you can, right click the cap and click "change-look".
Transmogrified into a statue.
Your Duellist's cap has been updated!
Duellist's cap concept art
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- The 3rd tier duelist hat no longer transforms into the 2nd tier hat when performing the emote.
- patch 7 June 2011 (Update):
- Teleporting whilst transforming into a statue using a death hat no longer leaves a blue statue behind.
- The duelist cap no longer gets removed whilst resting.
- If you try to transmogrify into a statue while under attack it will yield a message "It would be unwise to lower your defences." This is a reference to a Darth Vader quote from the Star Wars series.
- When transmogrified, the wearer does not truly turn into a statue; the statue is spawned and placed over the player, temporarily hiding them.
- If the hat is lost, when replacing it Estocada will say "I don't often replace hats, but when I do, I choose to replace duellists' caps." This is a reference to the Dos Equis beer commercials.
- The Duellist's cap records up to 250 kills in the kill streak. After this, it will not record further kills unless reset or the kill streak has ended.
A player transmogrifying into a statue.