Ducks are birds which can commonly found in rivers or lakes. They are very small, and are most often found on water, meaning they drop nothing, but if killed on land, they will drop bones. They are often found in the company of ducklings and drakes.
Aside from using halberds, players can usually only range or mage them. Ranging ducks will cause players to lose ammunition unless they use a chargebow. Because of this, using Ranged to kill ducks is a method that is rarely used by most players.
If the duck is next to the shore, the player can hit it with a melee weapon, but this occurrence is rare. Ducks found on land, such as those in Falador Park, can be killed easily with any weapon.
As part of the RuneScape Road Trip, ducks can be fed using breadcrumbs, which are created by slicing bread.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 18 August 2020 (Update):
- Ducks will no longer swim through the banks of the River Lum.
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Ducks' movement no longer randomly gets stuck.
- Killing a duck in Falador Park is one of the Falador easy tasks.
- The ducks appear to be of the mallard species.
- At one point ducks were removed from the minimap as yellow dots but later been reinstated. They have since been removed from the minimap again.
- Previously it is possible to gain prayer experience by killing ducks on water with a bonecrusher.
- They may be fed by using breadcrumbs on them.