They are some of the strongest dual-wielded melee weapons in game. However, the drygore rapier set is beaten by the tier 92 Khopesh of Tumeken and Khopesh of Elidinis. The drygore longsword and mace sets remain the strongest in terms of dual-wielded slashing and crushing respectively. The mainhand drygore mace also possesses the highest prayer bonus out of any weapon, with a prayer bonus of 9.
It is a common misconception that when using abilities, the drygore mace is weaker than the rapier or longsword because of its lower damage rating. As weapon speed affects ability damage, the three weapon types offer the same damage per second.
If lost in a dangerous PvP situation, then the killer receives the drygore weapon in a broken state.
Components[edit | edit source]
Maces, longswords and rapiers all deal the same damage per second. Maces are faster but do less damage per attack, while longswords and rapiers are slower but do more damage per attack. Thus, they all do the same damage.
Drygore longsword set[edit | edit source]
|Off-hand drygore longsword||-||-||-||Slash||551||2458||-||-||-||-||-||-||69,465,268|
Drygore mace set[edit | edit source]
|Off-hand drygore mace||-||-||-||Crush||432||2458||-||-||-||-||-||-||54,142,459|
Drygore rapier set[edit | edit source]
|Off-hand drygore rapier||-||-||-||Stab||551||2458||-||-||-||-||-||-||54,150,916|
Degradation and repair[edit | edit source]
Drygore weaponry degrades to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but uses 2 charges per hit). They can be repaired through any of three ways:
- By paying a Repair NPC, who charges 3,000,000 coins for completely degraded main-hand weapons and 1,500,000 coins for off-hand weapons.
- By repairing it yourself at an armour stand, whose price scales with your Smithing level. At 99 Smithing, the price will be half that of using a repair NPC.
- By repairing it using chitin scraps – a full repair requires 10,000 scraps (790,000 coins) for main-hand weapons and 5,000 scraps (395,000 coins) for off-hand weapons.
When comparing using chitin scraps to repairing at an armour stand, the Smithing level at which the cost is equal is beyond the armour stand's price reduction cap of level 105. Thus, it is cheaper to repair drygore weaponry with chitin.
|Main hand||Off-hand||Total price|
|Repair method||Repair cost||Repair method||Repair cost|
|Chitin scraps||790,000||Chitin scraps||395,000||1,185,000|
|Armour stand||1,500,000||Armour stand||750,000||2,250,000|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 21 January 2014, drygore weaponry cost a set amount of coins to repair.
- Similar to Araxxi's fang, drygore rapiers have an inconsistent examine text compared to the longswords and maces, in that the rapiers are made, while the latter two are created from Kalphite parts.