Drill Demon was one of the random events that players may have experienced whilst playing RuneScape. Players were asked to complete four exercises that the demon instructor, Sergeant Damien, commanded them to perform. Upon completing his demands, Damien would teleport the player back to where he/she was and give him/her a Random event gift.
The Area[edit | edit source]
The Drill Demon random event took place in a small, roped-in exercise area surrounded by an unreachable obstacle course. Sergeant Damien may have demanded that players do any of four different exercises. Each exercise had its own exercise mat and sign next to the mat to describe what exercise the player could do on the mat. If players chose the wrong mat, they had to do an additional exercise to complete the event. When players finished the event, they could return to their original location and receive a random event gift. Updates to random events had made the event more difficult. When the player completed one exercise, the mat automatically changed to a different location. Therefore, if the player had to perform the same exercise multiple times a row, they will have had to click on a different mat.
The Exercises[edit | edit source]
Sergeant Damien will shout insults at players who perform the incorrect exercise.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- An interface used in the Drill Sergeant random event can now be skipped through using the space bar.
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- The Mime and Drill Demon random events are now using the updated chat interface.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When completing each mat, a shield appeared that is similar to the one where you logged in on a PvP world and circled around the signs for a brief while.
- Originally, camouflage clothing was tradeable but has been made untradeable as with all random event costumes.
- There was a glitch where if examining Sergeant Damien a "tutorial island" like popup will occur but instead of just his examine text it would contain every message from the game recently.
- Sometime ago, when you examined Sergeant Damien, it said: "Drill Sergeant from hell!", but now it says:"Drill Sergeant from heck!" Ironically, "Hell" is perfectly allowed to be said in game chat and is also said by several NPCs.
- There was a glitch that sometimes occurs while playing in OpenGL or DirectX where the mats flickered and disappeared.
- There was a glitch in which the dialogue box told the player to go to "this mat," and instead of the icon for the specific mat, there was only a blank, green box.
- Drill Demon and Pillory were the only two random events introduced and removed on the same day of the year, making their existence in RuneScape exactly 7 years.
Gallery[edit | edit source]