The Dragon Rider amulet is a high-level amulet rewarded upon completion of the Grandmaster quest One of a Kind. It has the highest Prayer bonus of any item for the neck slot and is equal in damage bonus to the desert amulet 4.
While wearing it, one gains double experience from burying dragon bones, babydragon bones, frost dragon bones, hardened dragon bones and reinforced dragon bones. It only works with burial, whether by hand or bonecrusher - offering bones to the Ectofuntus, an altar in a player-owned house or by cremation is unchanged.
The double experience stacks with any bonus Prayer experience one has accumulated, brawling gloves, and the wisdom auras and perk. However, it does not stack with bonus XP weekends, nor is extra Prayer experience gained with the effect of chewed bones doubled. Additionally, it cancels the auto-sanctifier effect, and Dragon Rider amulet will take priority.
When using the Dragon Breath ability, the amulet boosts the damage by 10%, and it has a 10% chance of burning the opponent(s) with a bleeding effect. The bleeding effect hits 3 times and deals 10% of Dragon Breath's maximum hit rounded down per hit (this does not include damage boosts that doesn't affect bleeds). This works like Combust, but it is shorter and deals fixed damage regardless of movement (around 20.68% ability damage per hit, for a total of 62.04% ability damage). It also stacks with the regular Combust ability.
The Dragon Rider amulet is used during a master emote clue step. This item is stored together with a dragon defender and any colour Dragon mask in the hidey-hole inside the Dragontooth Island resource dungeon (south-east corner).
If the amulet is destroyed or placed into the hidey-hole, it can be reclaimed from Mr Mordaut for 500,000 coins.
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 31 March 2014 (Update):
- It is now possible to reclaim another Dragon Rider amulet if a player has one stored in a keepsake box.
- patch 17 March 2014 (Update):
- The Dragon Rider amulet can now be added to a Keepsake box.
- Due to the high-tier nature of the Dragon Rider amulet, it is no longer automatically protected on death.
- Prior to 31 March 2014, Mr. Mordaut would not sell a replacement amulet to players who had theirs keepsaken.
- The amulet was once automatically kept on death outside the Wilderness.
- If the amulet's bleeding effect activates, the Combust icon will show temporarily in the main target's HUD. However, while attacking multiple targets, the icon will appear only on the main target, even when the effect was applied on a different target.