The Dragon Rider lance is a two-handed degradable halberd that requires level 85 Attack to use. It has the accuracy of a tier-90 weapon, but the damage of a tier-80 weapon. It is exclusively dropped by Vindicta. It is one of the strongest area-of-effect melee weapon in the game, behind the noxious scythe (Laniakea's spear has higher damage, but lower accuracy).
The lance will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (a minimum duration of 10 hours of combat). It can be fixed by repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 3,750,000 coins.
This item costs at most 3,750,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 937,500 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106||
param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0||
param = cost|cost|3750000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||3,750,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||3,750,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||112,500|
|High rate[uc 3]||225,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||375,000|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
Comparison with other melee weapons[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 11 July 2016 (Update):
- Removed broken versions of the dragon rider lance, shadow glaive, wand of the Cywir elders and blade of Nymora from the Grand Exchange.
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- Fixed the ability damage of the dragon rider lance and shadow glaive.
- patch 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a grammar issue with the news broadcast for the dragon rider lance.
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The broken variant of the Dragon Rider Lance can now be traded via the Grand Exchange.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- On release, the broken version of the lance was the only broken weapon from the Heart of Gielinor that could not be traded on the Grand Exchange.
- This is the only halberd weapon to look like a sword.
- This does not count as a Zaros weapon for the purposes of the original God Wars dungeon protection.