The Dragon Rider lance is a two-handed degradable halberd that requires level 85 Attack to use. It has the accuracy of a tier-90 weapon, but the damage of a tier-80 weapon. It is exclusively dropped by Vindicta. It is the second-strongest area-of-effect melee weapon in the game, behind the Noxious scythe.
The lance will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (a minimum duration of 10 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 3,750,000 coins.
The base repair cost of the Dragon Rider lance when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 3,750,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
Alternatively, it can be repaired on an armour stand in a player-owned house or on a whetstone device anywhere. This provides a discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106||
param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0||
param = cost|cost|3750000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other melee weapons[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 July 2016 (Update):
- Removed broken versions of the dragon rider lance, shadow glaive, wand of the Cywir elders and blade of Nymora from the Grand Exchange.
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- Fixed the ability damage of the dragon rider lance and shadow glaive.
- patch 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a grammar issue with the news broadcast for the dragon rider lance.
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- The broken variant of the Dragon Rider Lance can now be traded via the Grand Exchange.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- On release, the broken version of the lance was the only broken weapon from the Heart of Gielinor that could not be traded on the Grand Exchange.
- This is the only halberd weapon to look like a sword.
- This does not count as a Zaros weapon for the purposes of the original God Wars dungeon protection.