SMW Subobject for City of SenntistenNPC location: Archaeology CampusNPC ID: 27815Examine: Azzanadra's human archaeologist disguise.Release date: 21 June 2021Is members only: falseActions: Talk to, ExamineIs variant of: Dr Nabanik SMW Subobject for The Temple at SenntistenNPC location: Archaeology CampusNPC ID: 9046Examine: A mysterious archaeologist.Release date: 3 December 2009Is members only: falseActions: Talk-to, ExamineIs variant of: Dr Nabanik SMW Subobject for Kharid-et Dig SiteNPC location: Kharid-et Dig SiteNPC ID: 26966Examine: The site's manager.Release date: 30 March 2020Is members only: falseActions: Talk to, Mysteries, Cutscenes, ExamineIs variant of: Dr Nabanik
Dr Nabanik is the site manager for Kharid-et Dig Site, and is a human alias for the Mahjarrat Azzanadra. The Mahjarrat Wahisietel also uses the alias at the Kharid-et digsite while Azzanadra is otherwise occupied.
During The Temple at Senntisten, Azzanadra, as Dr Nabanik, re-establishes contact with Zaros through the temple beneath the Dig Site east of Varrock.
During The Vault of Shadows, Azzanadra, as Dr. Nabanik, frees Trindine from the vault underneath Kharid-et.
During City of Senntisten, Azzanadra, as Dr. Nabanik, unearths the Zarosian capital city Senntisten and hides the Elder God eggs within.
When Azzanadra and Gielinor's other major gods are rebanished at the end of Aftermath, Wahisietel takes up the Dr. Nabanik alias.
Dr Nabanik can be recruited to the player's research team as a part of the Archaeology skill once the player has the completed all the mysteries at Kharid-et.
He has the following effects on the research expeditions:
||Third Age Expert: Guarantees the discovery of an artefact (2h+ only)
He appears as a consultant in the Team Management interface, his description being "An expert in Zarosian culture, with first-hand knowledge of ages past.".
The graphically updated model of Dr Nabanik which was released alongside Archaeology.
|This article on an NPC has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations and other messaging related to this NPC.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Dr Nabanik's 'I want to talk about mysteries' dialogue option now works correctly.
- patch 25 January 2021 (Update):
- A new miniquest called 'The Vault of Shadows' has been added, which takes you through The Vaut of Shadows Archaeology mystery.
- The requirement to do so is now 58 Archaeology, although you will still need 107 Archaeology to restore your own Spell Scrolls and receive XP.
- If you have previously completed the mystery, speak to Dr Nabanik to complete the new miniquest.
- In Postbag from the Hedge 42, when Azzanadra was disguised as Dr Nabanik, he jokes that he is a Mahjarrat. During The Temple at Senntisten, it is revealed that this is actually the truth. In the letter, Dr Nabanik mentioned that he had "spent some time in the pyramids". This is obviously a joke to his imprisonment by the Zamorakian forces back in the God Wars.
- All of Azzanadra's guises seem to feature twin prongs on his head. Even as Dr Nabanik, he has two feathers where the usual horns should be. These are Griffin feathers. These prongs are a sign of his position as head of the Zarosian church and are mocked as "Bunny Ears" by Sliske.