Doric and Boric tasks
The Doric and Boric tasks are a series of miniquests which consist of tasks for both Doric and Boric which can be completed after the What's Mine is Yours quest, receiving Mining and Smithing experience and charges on the Gofannon amulet. After you complete each task, return to Doric or Boric for the next task. You cannot boost any of the requirements.
Most items smithed before having the relevant task cannot be used; the final items have to be smithed while on the task. However, you can prepare the + x items by making the + x minus 1 variant (e.g. make an iron full helm, get the first task, and then make it an iron full helm + 1). You can prepare Doric's Task IV by smithing all the + 2 items needed for the adamant burial armour set and finish the set when you are on the task.
The Gofannon amulet can be drained of its experience. Once drained, the player will receive double experience until the bonus experience is depleted.
Free-to-play players can start tasks by Boric and Doric. All of Boric's tasks and second half of Doric's tasks will require entry into members areas.
Tasks[edit | edit source]
The tasks were changed as part of the Mining and Smithing rework; for the tasks prior to the rework, see .
Doric[edit | edit source]
- Doric's Task I: Smithing an iron full helm + 1, with 10 Smithing
- Doric's Task II: Smithing 2 steel chainbodies and a cannon repair part with 20 Smithing
- Doric's Task III: Smithing a mithril longsword + 1 and a mithril warhammer + 1 with 30 Smithing
- Doric's Task IV: Smithing adamant burial armour set with 40 Smithing
- Doric's Task V: Smithing 3 rune swords + 1 and 4 gnome platebodies, with 50 Smithing
- Doric's Task VI: Smithing an orikalkum warhammer + 3, with 60 Smithing
- Doric's Task VII: Smithing a "first-generation warhammer", with 65 Smithing
- Doric's Task VIII: Smithing 5 necronium 2h greataxes, with 70 Smithing
Boric[edit | edit source]
Items needed[edit | edit source]
If all from scratch:
Complete rewards[edit | edit source]
- 183,500 charges for the Gofannon amulet.
- 13,000 experience
- 48,000 experience
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- What's Mine Is Also Doric's ( 10) – Complete all of the Doric and Boric tasks.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As you complete Doric's tasks, the mannequins in his hut and the signpost out front will be upgraded. Once the 8th task has been completed, they will be made out of rune. The cart outside will also be repaired.
- As you complete Boric's tasks, the pile of ore near the underground furnace will be upgraded. Once the 3rd task has been completed, the pile will consist of runite ore. The nearby mine cart will also be upgraded, but only to adamant.
- The Mining Guild task was updated to allow mining done in the resource dungeon to count towards the task.
- For Doric's sixth task involving delivery to the Fremenniks, Doric and Skulgrimen both imply that the Fremenniks are taking 'outerlander' assistance by rendering the player's aid, even if the player is a Fremennik and has completed the entire Fremennik questline. The player says nothing to rebuke them.
- For Boric's third task the text tells you to get 15 orichalchite and 10 runite ores, however the audio says coal and mithril.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- After collecting the needed ore, you'll be directed to Doric instead of the Dwarven Mine as the next step in a particular quest.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Players who have the honed perk active when trying to complete Boric's tasks will now find the extra ores are counted towards the tally. Previously they were ignored.
- patch 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from being able to progress in Doric's Task II.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players can once again complete Doric and Boric's seventh task to fix the Guard Warhammer.