Chest (Dorgesh-Kaan, gem)
|Release||20 March 2007 (Update)|
|Examine||A metal bound stone chest.|
|doc • Talk page|
The Chest located in Dorgesh-Kaan requires 78 Thieving and a lockpick to thieve from. Each chest yields 650 experience. The chest's loot will respawn once every 560 seconds. Switching worlds would allow players to thieve from more chests.
They can be distinguished from the Dorgesh-Kaan Average Chest by their examine text and more gold trimming on it. There are two such chests (1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]) directly over the bank (bottom floor) in the northwest area of the city, although the closest stairs available is in Oldak's house just to the north.
|Thieving level||78||Thieving XP||650 XP||Respawn time||9m 19.8s|
Main article: § Loot
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are multiple ways of accessing Dorgesh-Kaan.
- Players may enter the crack in the eastern wall of the cellar of Lumbridge Castle, through which Kazgar waits to lead players through the Dorgesh-Kaan mine. The entrance to Dorgesh-Kaan is just to the southeast of where Kazgar leaves the player. To follow Kazgar through the mines, the player is required to bring a light source.
- The city can be accessed from the Kalphite Hive through the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon to the south of the city, although a light source is required.
- There is a fairy ring in the dungeon to the south with the code ajq. This may only be used if players have completed A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen up to the point where the fairy ring network is unlocked. A light source is needed in the dungeon.
- The Dorgesh-Kaan–Keldagrim train system may be used to travel to Dorgesh-Kaan from Keldagrim by rail (after Another Slice of H.A.M.), and vise-versa. The tickets are free; a player only needs to wait less than a minute in the carriage for the departure. The train station is located on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], in the south-west corner of the city.
- A player may use a dorgesh-kaan sphere, obtained from Oldak by giving him molten glass and 2 law runes, for a one-click teleport to the city.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Uncut red topaz||1||75/1000||380||24|
|Bullseye lantern (oil) (m)||1||50/1000||987||252|
|Mining helmet (m)||1||75/1000||934||540|
|Frog-leather chaps (m)||1||63/1000||2,172||540|
|Frog-leather body (m)||1||66/1000||2,760||600|
|Iron stone spirit||1||54/1000||27||Not alchemisable|
|Light orb (m)||1||69/1000||7,608||210|
|Empty light orb (m)||1||56/1000||150||150|
|Cave goblin wire (m)||1||60/1000||4,779||12|
|Based on a sample of 1,000 opened.|
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,000 opened.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Update history[edit | edit source]