A divine fire spirit is a common phenomenon that can appear with the Fairy Fire perk chosen at the Memorial to Guthix while Firemaking at a bonfire or portable brazier. They are unique to the player; only the player receiving the divine fire spirit event will be able to see it. When these spirits appear, the player can click on it or have a gnomish firelighter buff or a spirit attraction potion active to collect it as a fire spirit item with the 'Divine' modifier. Collecting a divine fire spirit also awards Divination experience. At level 99 Divination, 430 Divination experience is awarded to the player.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Fire spirit/divine fire spirit emerging message now appears correctly when in filtered game messages.
- ninja 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Collecting fire and divine fire spirits no longer moves the player or interrupts the continuous action of throwing logs onto bonfires.
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- Any fire spirits gathered will now become an item in your inventory, allowing you to save up an entire inventory and click on one to open them all at once (should the Firelighter buff be active when gathering a fire spirit this will add a 1.3x boost on the fire spirit drop table).
- update 25 March 2019 (Update):
- Divine fire spirits become items when collected, rather than directly giving rewards.
- ninja 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Divine Spirits once again give xp when wearing a firemaking cape.