Quick guide for Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Arrav in Varrock Castle|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
Ironmen (to make a Ring of life yourself):
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Arrav to start the quest.
Preparing the jar[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ernie upstairs in a pottery building south of the east bank in New Varrock to get a strong cooking urn. Make sure you don't have an active one in your bank back in the real dimension.
- Cut the tree right outside the building entrance to get logs.
- Go to the zombie cow pen south-east of the eastern bank, kill roughly 11 cows (the exact number of meat needed varies), and collect the raw undead beef.
- Light the logs and cook the meat.
- Also, a range can be used with the raw undead beef.
- If you have a started decorated cooking urn in your bank, you'll have to destroy or finish it first before you can start filling the urn.
- Teleport the urn to him or use it on him.
- Talk to Ernie to get an empty canopic jar.
- Stop at Aubury's for runes 1 cosmic and 10 earth runes.
- Optional: sell the cooked meat to the general store.
- Buy a diamond from Urist Loric in New Varrock square and cut it.
- Optional: buy the 3 other gems, cut them, and sell them in the General Store for more Zemomark's than purchase price.
- Buy gold ore from Sani at the furnace west of New Varrock square.
- Make a diamond ring
- Smelt the ore by clicking on the furnace and then the gold ore under "Core Ores" on the left side of the smelting menu
- Make a diamond ring by clicking on the furnace and then the gold bar under the "Casting Metals" menu on the left side of the smelting menu.
- Enchant the diamond ring to get a ring of life (1 cosmic, 10 earth runes and have standard magic book active).
- If you don't already have one, buy a watering can at the general store in New Varrock Square and fill it up. Alternatively you can pick up an already filled watering can in the atrium (centre room) of the castle.
- Replay: Not needed if you saved vial of purple mist.
- Go to the church in north-east of New Varrock, pray at the altar (switch to standard prayers if offered the choice).
- Speak with Father Lawrence. If you are using Ancient Curse prayers, switch to normal prayers.
- Father Lawrence says the following phrase activate the following Prayer:
|"Arrav turned to Zemouregal, and said:
The power of prayer grants me strength..."
|"...my faith is restored..."||Rapid Restore|
|"...and under your watchful eye, Saradomin..."||Eagle Eye|
|"...I shall be protected from beasts like Zemouregal..."||Protect from Summoning|
|"...and he shall be crushed by our combined might!"||Mystic Might|
- After activating the correct prayer five times Father Lawrence will give you the sacred oil.
- Make sure you have a vial of red mist
- If you need one:
- Get a vial from the kitchen on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Zemouregal's fort.
- Head to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] using the stairs in the south-eastern corner of the fort.
- Kill an armored zombie and collect the red mist that they drop.
- If you need one:
- Go to the south-eastern corner of the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] in Zemouregal's fort and pass through the north red barrier.
- Search the corpse of Ambassador Ferrnook to obtain dwellberries.
- Add the sacred oil, ring of life, and dwellberries to the canopic jar and make a prepared canopic jar.
- If you accidentally eat the dwellberries, simply search the corpse again.
Obtaining the heart[edit | edit source]
Making the mists
- Talk to Arrav.
- Replay: If you kept the dyes/mists, skip ahead to taking the heart after this.
- Get two vials from the easternmost room and fill them with water.
- Talk to Ellamaria in the south-easternmost room near the steel cages to get Delphinium seeds.
- Rake the Delphinium patch that's east of Arrav in the courtyard and plant the seeds, then water the patch and pick them.
- Buy an onion from Xuan north-west of the fountain.
- Talk to Thessalia and have her make a yellow dye and a blue dye.
- If you don't have three total vials of red mist in your inventory, then collect these now.
- Use the yellow and blue dyes on separate vials of red mist to get a vial of orange mist and a vial of purple mist.
- Go back to the New Varrock castle and enter the north-west room (orange barrier) on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] and search the desk to get a code key.
- Go up one floor, to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] to the south-east corner by the armoured zombies.
- Replay: If you kept the dyes/mists, skip to this step.
- In the south-eastern room, search the crate of decoder strips to get decoder strips if you don't have them or can't remember the combination.
- Replay: Skip this step if you kept the decoder strips or you remember the combination.
Taking the heart[edit | edit source]
- Enter the north-easternmost room on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] (purple barrier) and search the footlocker, near the bed, to get a vault key.
- Head to the south-easternmost room, unlock the large vault door, and enter the room.
- Before proceeding across the light beams, it is highly recommended that you deface the 3 paintings on the north wall of this room to complete the Bank-Z achievement. If you don't do it now, you need to replay all 4 New Varrock quests in order to complete this New Varrock achievement.
- Equip the mithril crossbow and mithril grapple, grapple the chandelier on the ceiling to cross the beams of light. If you lose your crossbow and grapple you can reclaim them from your respective gang, Black arm or Phoenix.
- Now fill in the code using the decoding strips and the code you got from Zemouregal's desk to unlock the door (the code is random for everyone).
- Replay: The old code is displayed in chatbox - but the final combination is the same every time. Despite the warning, you don't need the strips.
- Enter the vault and search the pedestal to obtain the heart of Arrav.
- Return to Arrav and talk to him.
- Go to the Museum in east New Varrock.
- Press the big red button (near the rock remains) to distract Orlando Smith (choose any option).
- Pickpocket the key from Curator Haig Halen
- Then take the shield of Arrav from the display case.
- Head back to Arrav and talk to him to give him the shield and Darklight.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
- Open the throne room door (behind Arrav) and enter the room by pressing OK
- Talk to Sharathteerk.
- Defeat Sharathteerk (1 or 2).
- Pick-up the healing orb to heal yourself back to full health.
- Go up the north-east stairs.
- Defeat Zemouregal
- Replay: You can choose to skip the fight if you've purchased this option from Aris' Reward Shop.
- Using Legacy Combat Mode makes the fight significantly faster and easier.
- Before finishing him, it is highly recommended that you lure five cows to him in order to complete Moo-er of All Bombs achievement. If you don't do it now, you need to replay all 4 New Varrock quests in order to complete this New Varrock achievement. His protection orbs must be destroyed for this achievement to work.
- Final cutscene.
If you need help with these boss fights refer to the full quest guide here.
Complete main quest[edit | edit source]
- Be sure to talk to Aris and complete the main quest to earn your silver pennies.
- Do not use "Complete" in the right-click menu. You will not be rewarded your 5 silver pennies.
Back to beginning[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 30,000 combat XP lamp
- 14,000 thieving XP lamp
- 9,000 ranged XP lamp
- 9,000 agility XP lamp
- 9,000 crafting XP lamp
- 4,000 farming XP lamp
- 2,500 magic XP lamp
- Always: Zemomarks depending on how many New Varrock Tasks you have completed.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.
|Final subquest of Dimension of Disaster|