| Speak to Osman in Al Kharid.|
| Members only|
|Medium to Long|
|Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
- Talk to Osman in Al Kharid palace without a follower or pet.
- Talk to Ozan just outside the palace.
- After the cutscene, inspect the Het scales to receive the Heavy weight.
- Climb the rope and head north-west, "Drop-off" the roof.
- Shimmy across the rope then "Parrot drop" off the rug to the south.
- Head south-east to the Shantay Pass.
- Talk to Shantay.
- Go through the pass.
- It is possible to break the cutscene which will require you to go back to the palace to get Ozan.
- Use the outer ring to align the sundial to the symbol of Het. (Human face)
- Talk to Ozan.
- Head south-west to the next sundial for a cutscene.
- Kill the Bandits and the Bandit king.
- Pick up the Sundial gnomon (right click and select take) that will be dropped by the last bandit.
- Use it on the sundial.
- Align the sundial to the symbol of Apmeken. (Monkey head)
- Talk to Ozan.
- Head north-west for a cutscene.
- During the cutscene, select any of the options. Do not skip it.
- After the cutscene, keep entering any of the tunnels.
- Ozan will eventually tell you that he is sitting on something uncomfortable.
- Inspect the third sundial after Ozan fixes it and align it to the symbol of Crondis. (Crocodile head)
- Enter the tunnel that the sunbeam points to.
- Walk through the tunnel and enter the next tunnel.
- Slice open the Dung kalphites until the Kharid-ib is found.
- Slashing weapon can be found near cave entrance if not equipped.
- Look for the sparkling ones which will hold the gems that are needed. Note that you must slice open any three kalphites before they will begin to sparkle. Graphical settings need to be at high to see the sparklings. According to the new RuneScape client, sparklings can be seen with minimal settings, too.
- Climb up the rope to exit The Kalphite Cavern.
- Talk to Ozan or Leela.
- Align the sundial to the symbol of Scabaras. (Scarab)
- Head south-west to start a cutscene.
- During the cutscene, select any of the options.
- Kill Apep and Heru.
- Talk to Prince Ali Mirza.
- Click through the dialogue and watch the cutscene.
- Talk-to Osman.
- Quest complete!
- Additional rewards/activities
Players with level 80 (boosts may be used, must be visible) can mine a crack in the room below the quicksand for 20,000 experience and access a secret treasure room, which contains a Scabaras mask and a Was (sceptre). To reach the fissure room, go down the well (north-west of the Kalphite Lair, fairy ring BIQ) and go in the tunnel in the east wall of the Kalphite nursery. Then go through the tunnel all the way to the other side and enter. You will find yourself in the room below the quicksand.
- Music unlocked
Diamond in the Rough is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests: