|Devious Minds (#95)|
|Release date||19 December 2005 (Update)|
|Official series||Mahjarrat Mysteries #8|
|Quest create ID||31|
Devious Minds is a short quest involving a plot against the clergy of Entrana. This was a standalone quest until it was tied into the Mahjarrat Mysteries quest series by The Temple at Senntisten, released four years later.
Official description[edit | edit source]
No one likes to miss a good ceremony; least of all a poor lowly monk who needs your assistance! Will you be able to aid him and make his dreams come true?
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the monk just outside Paterdomus, the temple on the Salve. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
The monk[edit | edit source]
Speak to the monk just outside Paterdomus, the temple on the River Salve. It is east of the Silvarea mountain range and can be reached by walking south-east from the Fort Forinthry lodestone, walking east from the ruins of the Earth Altar, or west from Morytania; the closest fairy ring is CKS. Alternatively, players can teleport to Paterdomus using the Invitation box if they have completed the Missing, Presumed Death quest, or use the archaeology journal's teleport, and then run north and to the east.
The monk requires a new, stronger weapon for a certain group of warriors in order to secure more victories. He wants the player to make a bow-sword.
A strange weapon[edit | edit source]
To make this bow-sword, take a mithril 2h sword to Doric's house, just north west of the Falador lodestone, and use it on the whetstone outside to make a slender blade. Then attach a bowstring to make the bow-sword.
When the bow-sword has been made, go back to the monk. Use the balloon transport system to fly back to the earth altar for 3 charges, if the Varrock destination has already been unlocked, and ten sets of willow logs if not. Alternatively, use a wicked hood or Wicked hood teleport token to teleport to the earth altar or the Invitation box to teleport to Paterdomus. Additionally, if all other methods are not available, Home Teleport to Fort Forinthry lodestone or a Fort Forinthry Teleport scroll can be used. As a last resort, use the Canifis lodestone and run west, then go beneath the Paterdomus.
A gift for Entrana[edit | edit source]
Give the bow-sword to the Monk and he will be grateful for it, although he needs one more favour. A special ceremony is to be held on the island of Entrana, though unfortunately the monk cannot attend it and he wants to give them a special present to mark the occasion.
He gives an orb to deliver to the church in Entrana. For the surprise to work, the player must sneak into the church and not be seen entering the island. He advises using the realm of the Abyss to get to the Law Altar on Entrana; he also wants the player to keep the orb in a vessel from the realm to avoid it from being damaged. To do this, hide the orb in a large pouch (will only work if the pouch still has capacity of 9), thus creating an illuminated large pouch (the large pouch will be lost).
There are only two possible ways to get to Entrana with the orb: you can either travel through the Abyss or teleport using a Law altar teleport after putting the orb into the pouch. This bypasses any checks, even with the orb not in the pouch (however, a pouch is still needed). As usual, no other weapons or armour are allowed on Entrana, so bank them before travelling.
If you choose to travel through the Abyss, it is recommended to read up on how to get to the centre ring. The Abyss is accessible through a teleport from the Mage of Zamorak, who is located in the Wilderness just north of Edgeville. Enter the Abyss to reach the Law Altar, and through it, Entrana.
Surprise![edit | edit source]
On Entrana, head to the church at the heart of the island and use the large pouch on the altar. A cutscene ensues, wherein the monks are walking towards the altar to begin the ceremony, one of them holding a mysterious relic, when suddenly an assassin wielding the bow-sword teleports in, swiftly kills the monks and steals the relic. Unfortunately, the orb was a teleportation device that uses ancient magic, which allowed the assassin to sneak into the holy island unhindered.
On arriving back at the Paterdomus temple, the monk you helped earlier is gone, replaced by a dead monk. Searching the body reveals that he has been killed by powerful magic, and is not the same person from earlier.
Go back to Entrana and speak with the High Priest again. Upon hearing about the strange events, he asks the player to contact Sir Tiffy Cashien at the Falador park. Locate Sir Tiffy sitting on a bench and tell him about the incident; he too seems puzzled, and promises to investigate with his Temple Knights resources.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 5,000 experience
- 5,000 experience
- 6,500 experience
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Devious Minds ( 0) – Complete this quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Devious Minds is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Alpha vs Omega
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Battle of the Monolith
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full comprehension of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Creatures
- Desperate Measures
- Full comprehension of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Full comprehension of Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Eye of Het I
- Eye of Het II
- Fate of the Gods
- Full comprehension of Heart of Stone
- Full comprehension of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles (miniquest)
- Mahjarrat Memories (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full comprehension of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full comprehension of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville (miniquest)
- Remains of the Necrolord
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad (miniquest)
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full comprehension of The World Wakes
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Art & Graphics|
|Quality assurance||Martin I|
|Quest Help||Emma V|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Some legacy code at the start of the Devious Minds quest has been tidied up.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players are now prompted to complete the "Wanted!" quest in order to start "Devious Minds".
- Players currently unable to continue the Devious Minds quest will have to complete the "Wanted!" quest to continue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Regardless of whether or not One Small Favour has been started or completed, the monk mentions "...one final favour...", to which the player replies with "Wait... this sounds familiar..."
- In 2009, Mod Mark stated that Devious Minds had the shortest development time of any quest released since RuneScape Classic.
- Originally, players could only enter the law altar after completion of the Troll Stronghold quest. As such, it was originally a requirement for Devious Minds. Later, Troll Stronghold's reward was changed so that it was no longer a requirement for access to the law altar. But is still listed as a requirement for this quest.
References[edit | edit source]
|Part 8 of the Mahjarrat Mysteries quest series|
|Lores and Histories|