Destroy is a right-click option on items that cannot be dropped or are non-tradeable. The destroy function is similar to the "Drop" option; it likewise removes the item from the inventory, but unlike drop, the item does not appear on the ground on the game screen and cannot be recovered. Because of this, a player attempting to destroy an item will always get a warning message beforehand. The message usually lists possible ways to recover the item along with any additional fees, or risk destroying poses.
Items can also be destroyed by a drag and drop action straight from the bank interface, which saves the player a withdrawal to the inventory and a right-click to destroy it. The warning sign will still appear to confirm the action. Items can also be dragged out of the inventory to prompt the "Destroy" action, provided this option is enabled in the settings.
For mystery journal pages found when training Archaeology, the destroy function is replaced by the option to transcribe the page into the Archaeology journal. This option is effectively identical to the "Destroy" option.
Items in Flash Powder Factory have an "Abandon" option. Selecting this option removes the player from the factory area, clearing the items from their inventory in the process.
Members-only items will always have a "Drop" option on free worlds; however, trying to drop the item will still trigger the dialogue box for destroying the item.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 22 July 2019 (Update):
- In addition to the existing Y and N keybinds for confirming item destruction, Ctrl+A now triggers the "All" option.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- When destroying items with stored state, you will no longer be given the option to destroy all.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "Destroy" option was added to the game with the release of the quest Garden of Tranquillity.
- Destroy-only items can sometimes be indirectly dropped when obtained with a full inventory, which forces them to the ground.