Quick guide for Desert Treasure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Asgarnia Smith in the Bedabin Camp.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Diamonds of Azzanadra[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 650 coins, 1 charcoal, 1 ashes, 1 bones, 1 blood rune, 6 noted steel bars, 12 noted magic logs, 6 noted molten glass, and one free inventory space.
- Take a magic carpet to the Bedabin Camp or use Bandit Camp Teleport and walk north.
- Talk to Asgarnia Smith.
- Talk to Terry Balando in the digsite Exam Centre about desert treasure.
- Talk to him again for the translation.
- Return to Asgarnia Smith.
- Talk to him again and offer to help him.
- Run south to the Bandit Camp. If you are wearing any sort of Zamorak or Saradomin outfit the bandits will attack you.
- Talk to the bartender at the pub for a beer. , then talk to the bartender about four diamonds.
- Talk to Eblis, in the eastern-most building of the Bandit Camp. If you are wearing any sort of Zamorak or Saradomin outfit he won't talk to you.
- Use all the items on Eblis, then talk to him again.
- Run south-east, and talk to Eblis by the lodestone.
Blood Diamond[edit | edit source]
- Enter the pub in Canifis. After a short cut scene, talk to Malak.
- Collect the silver pot from Ruantun, who lives in Draynor Sewers.
- Take the pot to the High Priest on Entrana.
- Return to Malak in Canifis and speak to him. He will hit you for 50 damage.
- First, crush your garlic, use it on the blessed pot then add spice. Uncrushed garlic cannot be added into the pot. If you add the spice first, the pot will become useless and you must start again from taking the silver bar.
- Prepare for a level 84 boss fight. If you die, you will have to re-do the previous step.
- Run south-east to the Graveyard (map pictured right).
- Use the pot on the tomb. Then kill Dessous.
- Return and speak to Malak.
- Bank the blood diamond immediately! While holding the blood diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Ice Diamond[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Any cake or a chocolate bar, spiked boots, climbing boots (unless you've completed Eadgar's Ruse), fire spells if using magic, and combat gear with plenty of food and a few restore potions.
- If you don't have spiked boots get them first from Dunstan in Burthorpe (requires an iron bar).
- If you used your climbing boots to get the spiked boots, then get a new pair of climbing boots from Freda.
- Travel to Trollheim (you can use the Trollheim Teleport if you have finished Eadgar's Ruse or walk there).
- Take the path that leads to the snow area north of Troll Stronghold.
- Talk to the troll child near the ice gate.
- Use cake/chocolate on him. Talk again to help him.
- Protect from Melee, and head east through the ice gate.
- Kill 5 trolls, then travel through the cave entrance to your east and keep running.
- Kill Kamil when he appears. Must use fire spells if using magic.
- After you kill Kamil once, continue the path to the north and walk to the ice ledge. (You can use Surge)
- Equip your spiked boots and climb the path to the top
- Pass through the ice gate and across the bridge
- Break the two ice cubes at the top. Casting a fire spell works.
- Talk to the trolls, the child will give you the diamond.
- Bank the ice diamond immediately! While holding the ice diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Smoke Diamond[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Face mask or slayer helmet, ice gloves, water spells if using magic, ice arrows if using ranged, combat gear for a level 84 boss fight
- With your mask and gloves equipped enter the Smoke Dungeon.
- Light the four standing torches (1 in each corner of the dungeon. This part is timed and torches will go out if you are not fast enough).
- Open the burnt chest in the middle of the dungeon to receive a warm key (You will be unable to open the chest if any of the torches have gone out, even if you have lit all 4 torches before attempting).
- With the warm key, open the gate on the eastern side of the dungeon.
- MUST use Ice Arrows or water spells for boss fight if you are using ranged or magic, respectively.
- Defeat Fareed. Must use melee, water spells, or ice arrows. You need the ice gloves on to wield a weapon while fighting him. This includes staves.
- Bank the smoke diamond immediately! While holding the smoke diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Shadow Diamond[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Rasolo who is west of the Fishing Guild by the fenced area.
- Return to the desert Bandit Camp. (You only need the lockpicks for this part, you can bank once you've got the cross).
- Unlock the chest in the small southern tent. You might use many lockpicks. Hair clips are very useful here, as you can reclaim them from Merlin for free (requires King's Ransom) or you can just steal from the level 54 Bandits around the camp to get lock picks and anti poison. Master thief's lockpick also works and will never break.
- Prepare for combat before returning the cross to Rasolo who will give you a ring of visibility.
- Equip the ring, run into the fenced area to the east and down the ladder.
- Run east to the grey point (see map legend) and kill Damis by defeating him in both phases. If Damis despawns, run a small distance back from where you came, then run back.
- Take the diamond once he is defeated.
- Bank the shadow diamond immediately! While holding the shadow diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Jaldraocht Pyramid[edit | edit source]
Items needed: All 4 diamonds, food if you are a low level, weapon
Items recommended: Energy potions, weight-reducing equipment, antipoison
Items recommended: Energy potions, weight-reducing equipment, antipoison
- Directly south of Eblis is a pyramid, use the diamonds on the obelisks.
- Blood diamond in the north-west obelisk.
- Shadow diamond in the south-west obelisk.
- Ice diamond in the south-east obelisk.
- Smoke diamond in the north-east obelisk.
- Climb down the ladder at the top of the pyramid.
- Run through the pyramid using the map. Don't stand still, or you may be transported back to the start.
- There's a possibility that scarabs spawn in Azzanadra's room so bring a weapon, antipoison, and some more food just in case.
- Talk to Azzanadra.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 20,000 experience
- Ability to use Ancient Magicks. You can now also pray either at the pyramid altar or the elven grimoire in Prifddinas (after completing Plague's End) and change between the standard and Ancient Magicks spellbooks. You can also enter the altar room by accessing the back-door of the pyramid. Be warned that changing spellbooks at the altar will drain your prayer to 0.
- Ring of visibility (can be re-obtained from Rasolo for free)
- Access to the Smoke Dungeon via the well entrance.
- Access to the Zarosian gravestone (also requires The Giant Dwarf).
- The Bandit Camp lodestone is now automatically unlocked upon completion.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- Bone Dry (Smoke Dungeon)
- Frostbite (Ice Path)
- Path of Peril (Shadow Dungeon)
- Sarcophagus (level 4 of the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
- Scarab (inside the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Desert Treasure is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of City of Senntisten
- Do No Evil
- Hopespear's Will
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- The Curse of Zaros
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)
- Wandering Ga'al
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The General's Shadow
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes