Quick guide for Desert Treasure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Asgarnia Smith in the Bedabin Camp.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Diamonds of Azzanadra[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 650 coins, 1 charcoal, 1 ashes, 1 bones, 1 blood rune, 6 steel bars, 12 magic logs, 6 molten glass, and one free inventory space.
- Teleport to Al Kharid and go south to Shantay's Pass.
- Take a magic carpet to the Bedabin Camp and talk to Asgarnia Smith nearby (see map on the right).
- Talk to Terry Balando in the digsite Exam Centre (Archaeology journal is the fastest teleport).
- Talk to him again for the translation.
- Return to Asgarnia Smith.
- Talk to him again and offer to help him.
- Run south to the Bandit Camp.
- Talk to the bartender at the pub for a beer. , then talk to the bartender about four diamonds.
- Talk to Eblis, by or in the eastern-most building of the Bandit Camp.
- Use all the items on Eblis, then talk to him again.
- Run south-east, and talk to Eblis by the lodestone.
Blood Diamond[edit | edit source]
- Enter the pub in Canifis. After a short cut scene, talk to Malak.
- Talk to Ruantun in the Draynor Sewers for a Silver pot.
- Take the pot to the High Priest on Entrana for a Blessed pot.
- Return to Malak in Canifis and speak to him. He will hit you for 50 damage.
- First, crush your garlic, then use the Garlic powder on the blessed pot then add Spice to get a Blessed pot.
- If you add the spice first, the pot will become useless and you must start again from taking the silver bar.
- Uncrushed garlic cannot be added into the pot.
- Prepare for a level 84 boss fight. It is recommended to take 5-10 food even if you are max combat. If you die, you will have to re-do the previous step.
- Run south-east to the Graveyard (map pictured right).
- Use the pot on the tomb. Then kill Dessous.
- Return and speak to Malak for the Blood diamond.
- Bank the blood diamond immediately! While holding the blood diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Ice Diamond[edit | edit source]
Items needed: A cake or a chocolate bar, spiked boots, climbing boots (unless you've completed Eadgar's Ruse), fire runes if using magic
- Prepare for combat by getting plenty of food, few super restore and super energy potions (even at max combat), and get runes for fire spells if using magic.
- If you don't have Spiked boots, get them first from Dunstan in Burthorpe (requires an iron bar).
- If you used your Climbing boots to get the spiked boots, then get a new pair of climbing boots from Freda.
- Travel to Trollheim by referring to the map on the right (you can use the Trollheim Teleport if you have it).
- Take the path that leads to the snow area north-west of Troll Stronghold.
- Talk to the troll child near the ice gate.
- Use cake/chocolate on him. Talk again to help him.
- Enable Protect from Melee, and head east through the ice gate.
- Kill 5 trolls, then travel through the cave entrance to your east and keep running.
- Kill Kamil when he appears. You must use fire spells if using magic.
- After you kill Kamil once, continue the path to the north and walk to the ice ledge. (You can use Surge)
- Equip your spiked boots and climb the path to the top.
- Pass through the ice gate and across the bridge.
- Break the two ice cubes at the top. Casting a fire spell works.
- Talk to the trolls, the child will give you the Ice diamond.
- Bank the ice diamond immediately! While holding the ice diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Smoke Diamond[edit | edit source]
- Prepare for combat by bringing plenty of food, few super energy potions, melee gear, or water spells if using magic, or ice arrows if using ranged.
- Teleport to Al Kharid and go south to Shantay's Pass, and use the magic carpet network to reach Pollnivneach.
- With your Face mask and Ice gloves equipped enter the Smoke Dungeon.
- Light the four standing torches (1 in each corner of the dungeon. This part is timed and torches will go out if you are not fast enough).
- Open the burnt chest in the middle of the dungeon to receive a Warm key
- You will be unable to open the chest if any of the torches have gone out, even if you have lit all 4 torches before attempting.
- With the warm key, open the gate on the eastern side of the dungeon.
- You MUST use melee, Ice Arrows or water spells for the boss fight.
- Defeat Fareed for the Smoke diamond.
- You must use melee, water spells, or ice arrows.
- You need the ice gloves on to wield a weapon while fighting him. This includes staves.
- Bank the smoke diamond immediately! While holding the smoke diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Shadow Diamond[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Ardougne and run north-west to Rasolo (see the map to the right).
- Return to the desert Bandit Camp. (You only need the lockpicks for this part).
- Unlock the secure chest in the southern-most tent. You might consume between 10 to 100 lockpicks.
- Prepare for combat before returning the cross to Rasolo who will give you a ring of visibility.
- Equip the ring, run into the triangular fenced area nearby and down the ladder.
- Run east to Damis and kill him in both phases for the Shadow diamond. (see the map below for the path to take)
- If Damis despawns, run a small distance back from where you came, then run back.
- Bank the shadow diamond immediately! While holding the shadow diamond, a Stranger capable of dealing over 5,000 damage per attack can spawn at any time.
Jaldraocht Pyramid[edit | edit source]
Items needed: All 4 diamonds, weapon
Items recommended: Energy potions, weight-reducing equipment, antipoison
Items recommended: Energy potions, weight-reducing equipment, antipoison
- Do not bring any food or combat gear but bring a weapon (make sure your weight is less than 5 kgs or you'll keep failing traps).
- Boots of lightness and any other weight reducing equipment helps.
- Return to the Bedabin Camp, and head directly south of Eblis to the pyramid.
- Use the diamonds on the obelisks surrounding the pyramid.
- Blood diamond in the north-west obelisk.
- Shadow diamond in the south-west obelisk.
- Ice diamond in the south-east obelisk.
- Smoke diamond in the north-east obelisk.
- Climb down the ladder at the top of the pyramid.
- Run through the pyramid using the map. Don't stand still, or you may be transported back to the start.
- There's a possibility that scarabs spawn in Azzanadra's room so bring a weapon, antipoison, and some more food just in case.
- Talk to Azzanadra.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 20,000 experience
- Ability to use Ancient Magicks. You can now also pray either at the pyramid altar or the elven grimoire in Prifddinas (after completing Plague's End) and change between the standard and Ancient Magicks spellbooks. You can also enter the altar room by accessing the back-door of the pyramid. Be warned that changing spellbooks at the altar will drain your prayer to 0.
- Ring of visibility (can be re-obtained from Rasolo for free)
- Access to the Smoke Dungeon via the well entrance.
- Access to the Zarosian gravestone (also requires The Giant Dwarf).
- The Bandit Camp lodestone is now automatically unlocked upon completion.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- Bone Dry (Smoke Dungeon)
- Frostbite (Ice Path)
- Path of Peril (Shadow Dungeon)
- Sarcophagus (level 4 of the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
- Scarab (inside the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Desert Treasure is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of City of Senntisten
- Do No Evil
- Hopespear's Will
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- The Curse of Zaros
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)
- Wandering Ga'al
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Aftermath (miniquest)
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The General's Shadow
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods