Desert Slayer Dungeon (miniquest)
|Desert Slayer Dungeon (miniquest)|
|Release date||5 June 2008 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Unknown edit|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon (use walkthrough to get there)|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Warning: The dungeon is full of smoke and players must wear a smoke protection item (like a Facemask, Masked earmuffs or Slayer helmet) or they will periodically suffer damage from the smoke. A Full slayer helmet is most recommended, as it provides protection from the smoke and from the effects of some slayer monsters in the dungeon.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Armour[edit | edit source]
- Headslot: Full slayer helmet, Slayer helmet, Masked earmuffs, Facemask (one is required)
- Cape: Ardougne cloak 3, God cape, Fire cape, Ava's accumulator
- Neckwear: Amulet of fury, Amulet of glory, Amulet of power, Amulet of ranging (if ranging)
- Weapon: Staff of light (if maging), Slayer staff (if maging), Dragon scimitar, Rune crossbow (if ranging)
- Shield: Mirror shield
- Body: Splitbark body, Infinity top, Ahrim's robetop, Mystic robe top, Karil's top (if ranging)
- Legs: Splitbark legs, Infinity bottoms, Ahrim's robeskirt, Mystic robe bottom, Karil's skirt (if ranging)
- Gloves: Gloves (barrows), Mystic gloves, Mercenary's gloves (if ranging)
- Boots: Splitbark boots, Rock climbing boots, Mystic boots
- Ring: Fremennik rings (of your attack style), Beacon ring or Ring of life
Items[edit | edit source]
- One-click teleport might be useful in case prayer runs out (teletabs, ectophial, etc.)
- Super strength potion, Super defence potion, and Super attack potion are useful
- Two Prayer potions
- About 100 Death runes and 300 Air runes, but recommended you take more
- A few lobsters, monkfish or higher (will not be needed if you use prayer, but take for precaution)
- It is also recommended to bring a familiar.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Take the entry from the well in Pollnivneach.
- Take the north corridor leading to the mighty banshees.
- Go to either the east or west of the Mighty banshee area which leads to rooms guarded off by a mystic barrier.
- Pass the barrier and go down the stairs to enter the dungeon.
Boss fights[edit | edit source]
There are four rooms, guarded by shields. The monsters can be attacked in any order. Each boss kill earns 1,000 Slayer experience. See the bosses section below for description of each monster. Each time you kill a boss, you need to climb back up the stairs and enter another portal. It is recommended to turn on your protection prayers and drink your potions before starting the fight.
Recommended order and method[edit | edit source]
See below for list of bosses.
- 1. Mightiest turoth (SW - bottom left barrier): Use Slayer dart and Protect from Melee prayer. If you stand far away from the Mightiest turoth, it will use Ranged-based attacks on you. Ignore the minions.
- 2. Kurask overlord (NW - top left barrier): Use same strategy as above. If you do choose to use melee, do not forget to bring a leaf-bladed spear or leaf-bladed sword.
- 3. Basilisk boss (SE - bottom right barrier): Use melee and wield the mirror shield. Take a dose of the Super strength potion and Super attack potion or a Combat potion. Use Protect from Magic prayer. Also watch your stats as they will be drained with each attack. Bring a restore potion.
- 4. Monstrous cave crawler (NE - top right barrier): Use melee and Protect from Ranged prayer. The poison from its ranged attack severely reduces the duration of any antipoison potions, including super antipoison. Every second or third hit poisons the player even with potions. An anti-poison totem will not work. The only way to negate the poison is by using a poison purge aura.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Boss Combat level Slayer level required Strategy Monstrous cave crawler 96 10 Use Protect from Range. Normal melee combat is good. The poison from its ranged attack severely reduces the duration of any antipoison potions, including super antipoison. Every second or third hit poisons the player even with potions. An anti-poison totem will not work. The only way to negate the poison is by using a poison purge aura. Basilisk boss 96 40 Protect from Magic and melee works. You will need a restore potion or super restore potion as it reduces your stats as you fight it. Remember to bring your Mirror shield. Mightiest turoth 96 55 Protect from Melee and Slayer Dart works. There are safe spots, beware of the swarms. Kurask overlord 96 70 Use Protect from Melee and attack with Slayer Dart. There are safe spots, but beware of the minions!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 4,000 Slayer experience (1,000 experience after every boss kill, with four boss monsters to kill)
- Ability to enter four rooms, each room filled a certain creature:
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Desert Slayer Dungeon (miniquest) ( 20) – Complete this Intermediate miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Having killed all four bosses is a requirement for the following: