Demon slayer (effect)
The demon slayer effect is a group of buffs and debuffs that apply when fighting various demonic creatures.
Note that while they are all discussed on this page, weakness to silverlight/darklight, susceptibility to holy water, and other demon slayer effects are three separate groups and may apply to different monsters.
Demon slayer effect[edit | edit source]
These effects are all activated on the same monsters - see Category:Susceptible to demon slayer for the full list.
Demon Slayer perk[edit | edit source]
The Demon Slayer perk can be applied to any augmented armour or weapon. It simply increases all damage done to demons by 7%.
Demon Bait perk[edit | edit source]
Converse to the Demon Slayer perk, the Demon Bait perk can be applied to any augmented armour or weapon, and is generally considered to be a negative perk. It increases all damage done to the user by demons by 30%.
Demon slayer ability[edit | edit source]
Demon slayer equipment[edit | edit source]
Demon slayer equipment is a set of ranged equipment that includes tier 60 ranged power armour and tier 57 dual-weild crossbows. It has additional bonuses against demons:
- Each piece increases all damage done by the user to demons by 4% (to +20% for the armour only and +28% including weapons)
- Each piece increases combat experience from demons by 2% (to +10% for the armour and +14% including weapons)
- If on a relevant Slayer task, each piece increases Slayer experience earned from demons by 1%, with an additional 1% set bonus for wearing all 7 pieces (to +5% for the armour and +8% including weapons)
The effects of demon slayer equipment apply to all styles, regardless of weapon used - but as it is ranged armour, one will suffer accuracy penalties when using melee or magic with the set. Sufficiently high level weapons can overcome this, though.
Silverlight and Darklight[edit | edit source]
Silverlight and Darklight have several major effects while fighting demons:
- Increased overall damage scaling with the user's Attack and Strength levels, and the target's Defence level (×1.25-2.24)
- Increased hit chance (+20%)
- Will use the weakness affinity of the target, rather than melee affinity
Darklight can be upgraded by completing Dimension of Disaster, which increases the hit chance to +30% and the damage multiplier to (×1.5-2.49).
The upgraded Darklight in particular is very potent, especially when combined with a strong off-hand weapon like an off-hand drygore mace and power armour.
Holy water[edit | edit source]
Holy water provides a large hit chance increase against a number of demonic monsters (the same monsters that are affected by Silverlight). It provides an additional damage increase against a smaller number of demons, primarily variants of lesser demons, greater demons, and black demons.
List of monsters[edit | edit source]
|Demon slayer (effect)|
Notable exceptions[edit | edit source]
Notably, no demon slayer effects apply to:
Only the Silverlight effect (not the general effect) applies to: