|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by masters of the art of Defence.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Defence cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Defence skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Defence hood from Harlan the Melee instructor by players who have achieved level 99 Defence.
The Defence cape can be easy to acquire compared to other combat skill capes because it can be trained with every combat style.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 5.42 seconds, during which the player uses shields to defend from various attacks such as arrows and rocks. The Defence cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Defence, the Defence cape will turn into a Defence cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Defence cape (t) has a cream-coloured trim.
Talking to Harlan gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Defence cape's perk provides the effects of a sign of life/portent of life once an hour, and unlike them, it is not destroyed upon activation. It has a 1 hour cooldown, shared with the sign of life, portent of life, sign of death, and the portent of death. It cannot activate in PvP areas, except for Deathmatch.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 13 November 2017 (Update):
- Cooldown for signs or portents of life or death and the Defence skillcape now continues while logged out.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- The defense skillcape should now reliably add a Sign of Life cooldown to your debuff bar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 277,226 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The lowest combat level possible to achieve 99 Defence at is 27.
- This cape's emote was changed and received a graphics update as well on 25 May 2010.
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. The others were the Attack cape, Thieving cape, and Constitution cape.