Deep Sea Fishing hub
|Deep Sea Fishing hub|
|Release date||5 March 2018 (Update)|
|No. of banks||2|
|No. of altars||None|
|Inhabitants||Humans, Trolls, Sirens|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Deep Sea Fishing hub is a platform located off the coast of the Fishing Guild. It is therefore required to have a minimum of level 68 Fishing to access as this is needed to enter the guild. It can be accessed by talking to Goomah inside the guild, or by entering an appropriately attuned skill portal in Max Guild.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
The hub hosts a variety of different skilling activities, ranging from low intensity minnow catching (stackable and required to make bait for manta-ray, sea turtles and great white sharks each using 300 minnow respectively to create a fishing spot which allows the gathering of 50 fish) to high intensity frenzy spots which offers to be one of the highest experience rate activities for fishing training in the game as a reward for paying attention. It is also host to a few exclusive fishing spots which are used to catch sailfish, green blubber and blue blubber jellyfish.
A variety of random events can also spawn, which include a jellyfish invasion, whirlpool, sea monsters and travelling merchants. Completing these events gives a reward, with possible rewards including but not limited to a 5-10% boost to xp for 10-30 minutes.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Angry woman
- Hermit crab
- Fisherman (Fish Flingers)
- Gregg 'Groggy' Herring
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- The whirlpool at the Deep Sea Fishing hub now tracks title progress correctly.
- A 'Bang' option has been added to the ladders near the NPC Greg 'Groggy' Herring in the Deep Sea Fishing hub so that players can interact with him in Java.
- The Fishing icon has been added to the mouse over on all the fishing spots in the Deep Sea Fishing hub.
- The anti-griefing area has been mapped down at the Deep Sea Fishing hub, so cannons and similar items can no longer be placed.
- The left-click 'Use' option has been removed from the entry rowboat and replaced with the default left-click 'Bank'.
- Two previously problematic squares in the Fishing Frenzy area of the Deep Sea Fishing hub now display the Fishing Frenzy UI as expected.
|Fish and bait|