A decorated cooking urn is a filled decorated cooking urn (r) which aids in gaining Cooking experience.
The urn is completely filled when the player has earned 7,737.5 Cooking experience with the urn in inventory. A completely filled urn can be teleported to Ernie for 1,547.5 Cooking experience, or 1,935 Cooking experience with an urn enhancer. You can have a maximum of 10 fully charged urns before you need to teleport them.
Using a fire rune on a decorated cooking urn (nr) creates a decorated cooking urn (r) which becomes this item once the urn starts to get filled.
Adding the rune requires 81 Crafting. The best place to make urns is at a portable crafter near a bank. Otherwise, players may find it easy to complete in the Crafting Guild, Prifddinas, Gunnarsgrunn, Taverley or Burthorpe.
2 soft clay and 1 fire rune are required to fully make.
Steps to complete:
- Mine clay
- Use the clay on a water source to make soft clay, which can be skipped if the clay was mined with a bracelet of clay
- Use the soft clay on a potter's wheel. You may need to use the drop down menu in the top left of the window to select the urn category.
- Use the (unf) urns on a pottery oven to fire them.
- Add the fire rune to the urn.
Beverages do not fill the cooking urns.
Making jugs of wine do not add to urns. Making rocktail soups or sailfish soups do add to urns.
Making primal feast do not add to urns. Churning milk or butter does add to urns.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- Rocktail and sailfish soups will now fill cooking urns.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Decorated cooking urns now affect food with level requirements up to 99 (increased from 95 Cooking). Therefore, urns now work when cooking wobbegong oil.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- The Make-x interface no longer shows that you will get Crafting xp after teleporting any of the cooking urns.
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- We have improved the examine info on Cooking urns to avoid misinterpretation.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The teleport sound now plays after the correct duration.
- Beverages will not fill any other type of urn.
- The bonus experience from bonfires does not count towards filling urns.
- If a player does not have the necessary crafting level to teleport a full decorated cooking urn, they may use the assist system and will still be awarded the cooking experience for teleporting it.