A decorated cooking urn is used with the Cooking skill to help gain experience. It can be created at 81 Crafting, granting 130 experience. Clicking "Take BoB" during crafting brings clay to inventory without interruption. Another player can assist you if you do not have the 81 required level. The urn is filled when the player has earned 7,737.5 Cooking xp with the urn in inventory. Once the decorated cooking urn is full, it can be teleported to Ernie for 1,547.5 Cooking experience, or 1,935 Cooking experience with an urn enhancer. You can have a maximum of 10 fully charged urns before you need to teleport them.
The best place to make urns is in the Crafting Guild, which requires Level 40 Crafting or in Prifddinas. Otherwise, players may find it easy to complete in Gunnarsgrunn, Taverley or Burthorpe.
2 soft clay and 1 fire rune are required to fully make.
Steps to complete:
- Mine clay
- Use the clay on a water source to make soft clay, which can be skipped if the clay was mined with a bracelet of clay
- Use the soft clay on a potter's wheel. You may need to use the drop down menu in the top left of the window to select the urn category.
- Use the (unf) urns on a pottery oven to fire them.
- Add the fire rune to the urn.
Decorated cooking urns gives you 20% more experience per cooked food item.
Beverages do not fill the cooking urns.
Making jugs of wine do not add to urns. Making rocktail soups or sailfish soups do add to urns.
Making primal feast do not add to urns.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- Rocktail and sailfish soups will now fill cooking urns.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Decorated cooking urns now affect food with level requirements up to 99 (increased from 95 Cooking). Therefore, urns now work when cooking wobbegong oil.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- The Make-x interface no longer shows that you will get Crafting xp after teleporting any of the cooking urns.
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- We have improved the examine info on Cooking urns to avoid misinterpretation.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The teleport sound now plays after the correct duration.
- Beverages will not fill any other type of urn.
- The bonus experience from bonfires does not count towards filling urns.
- If a player does not have the necessary crafting level to teleport a full decorated cooking urn, they may use the assist system and will still be awarded the cooking experience for teleporting it.