Decaying Lumbridge guards are members of the Lumbridge Guard killed by Croesus and infested with fungal spores, which can be gathered from them with level 88 Hunter for regular version and level 92 for enriched fungal spores. They can occasionally turn into enriched version, which lasts for 90 seconds, or temporarily deplete. They are found inside a building in the south-eastern part of the Croesus Front. They are functionally the same as decaying Varrock guards. The version found in the Croesus encounter has no requirements but gives much less experience.
Over 575,000 experience can be gained per hour at level 99 hunter while gathering spores via this method.
Having a magic butterfly net equipped and unsheathed increases the odds of gathering by about 7.8%, however it decreases the experience granted per fungi:
- 300 experience for regular, instead of 375.
- 400 experience for enriched, instead of 520.
|Level required||88 |
|Hunter XP||375 xp|
- ^ Replaced by its tradeable version after the player has charged their pontifex shadow ring with 1,000 anima of Bik.
- ^ Requires completion of Azzanadra's Quest.
- ^ Only obtainable once the pontifex shadow ring has been upgraded to tier 3 or higher. Replaces the T1 Trove.
- ^ Only obtainable once the pontifex shadow ring has been upgraded to tier 5 or higher. Replaces the T2 Trove.
- ^ a b c d The books an be found from any skilling node in the Senntisten graveyard. Only if the player has not previously received them.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 1 August 2022 (Update):
- Gathering from decaying guards outside of Croesus no longer cancels the action after successfully gathering an item.
- patch 25 July 2022 (Update):
- Added the missing information for the Croesus Front resources in the skill guides.
- 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Players now only gather once from the nodes before stopping.
- patch 22 November 2021 (Update):
- Increased drop rate of the Resonant anima of Bik from skilling nodes in the Senntisten:
- Fishing and Hunter nodes now have a 50% chance to reward anima when successfully gathering resources.
- update 8 November 2021 (Update):
- Balancing adjustments have been made to the Croesus Front skilling nodes.
- Nodes outside of the boss encounter exhaust at a reduced rate.
- Enriched nodes now remain active for 90 seconds.
- update 1 November 2021 (Update):
- Having the ring upgraded will now continue to drop anima at a 100% drop rate rather than the previous 1/6 chance.