||20 November 2012 (Update)
||30 seconds (50 ticks)
|Debilitate your target for up to 100% weapon damage, also reducing any damage they deal to you by 50% for 7.8 seconds. This duration increases if a shield is equipped by 0.6 seconds for every 10 shield levels.
|Infobox • Talk page
Debilitate is a threshold Defence ability. When activated the target takes 20–100% weapon damage and any damage they deal to the user is reduced by 50% for 7.8 or more seconds, depending on if they're wielding a shield as well as the tier of the shield equipped. For every 10 shield levels, 0.6 seconds are added, and the Bulwark perk can further increase the duration. Alongside reducing normal damage, Debiltate also works against soft typeless damage, but not hard typeless damage.
Debilitate only affects the user - even though the icon may appear for other players, they will take appropriate damage as usual. If the player switches between dual-wielding and two-handed weapons too fast, Debilitate's effects can be removed. If the player uses Debilitate against multiple enemies rapidly (only possible with Raids armour), then Debilitate will only affect the recently struck target. As with most defensive abilities, the effects of Debilitate can be removed if the monster possesses a mechanic that can reset defensive abilities.
Fortitude increases the accuracy of this ability by 10%, making it more effective than Turmoil and equivalents, but less effective than Malevolence and equivalents. The Shield Bashing perk increases the damage of this ability by 15% per rank.
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- The Debilitate icon will now appear on the enemy players target bar.
- patch 18 April 2017 (Update):
- Players will no longer see the Debilitiate buff icon if it happens to miss an enemy.
- Players will now see a Debilitate debuff icon after being hit in PvP with it.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Debilitate and Resonance will now correctly scale depending on shieldbow levels.
- For a time after the Evolution of Combat, this ability only worked with melee and ranged weapons. Mages attempting to use this ability would go up to melee distance and use this, and it would rarely hit because magic weapons have no accuracy with melee attacks. This glitch has been fixed.
- If the player uses Debilitate with two-handed weapon and switches to a main/dual-wield, then Debilitate's effects will still be retained. However, switching back to the two-handed weapon will remove its effects. The same applies when the player uses a main/dual-wield weapon and switches to a two-handed weapon.