|Release||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Location||Temple of Light|
|Examine||A mysterious power emanates from this shrine.|
|doc • Talk page|
Access[edit | edit source]
As with most other runecrafting altars, it can be accessed via the Abyss. Players could also enter its ruins by using a death talisman or an Omni-talisman. Players could also simply click on the ruins while wearing a death tiara, Omni-tiara, a wicked hood imbued with any of the above, an Omni-talisman staff, or a death talisman staff. Alternatively if one owns a wicked hood (having it in the bank or inventory, NOT in the POH) one can also use a full set of an ethereal outfit instead of the wicked hood.
Currently, the fastest way to get there is to used the Wicked hood's teleport, which could only be used 2 times, or 3 if all the Wicked robes have been purchased at Runespan. The second fastest way is to break a death altar teleport tablet. Both of these methods teleport the player just outside of the altar. The wicked hood can be obtained by talking to Tam McGrubor, and the teleport tablets by playing the Great Orb Project.
The ruins[edit | edit source]
Entering the ruins by walking requires entering the Temple of Light and using the following directions.
- Go up the stairs at the main entrance.
- Go south and up the ladder.
- Go the centre of the temple.
- Climb down the next stairs twice.
- Rotate the mirror to open the light door.
Note: When leaving, remember to rotate the mirror again for future visits.
Experience[edit | edit source]
The maximum likely limit for crafting Death runes in one visit is 266. This would be achieved by having 90 Runecrafting, and carrying 266 essence to craft: 23 in the normal inventory along with 48 in the 5 sizes of Runecrafting pouches, along with 175 claimed from the wicked hood (with all the Wicked robes purchased) and 20 from an abyssal summoning familiar. The maximum possible experience is 2,660 obtained while doing the above.
Tiaras[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Prevented players from ending up in some scenery when teleporting to the Death Altar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The main music, La Mort, is French for "The Death".
- After completing Within the Light the adventurer can still climb on the altar and become energised.
- The ability to sell cats to the citizens of West Ardougne for death runes was subtle foreshadowing that the Death Altar is located near West Ardougne.
- Using the Orb of Oculus, one can see the Cosmic Altar to the west, and the lowest and middle floors of the Chaos Altar to the east.
- It is the only altar with a stonehenge around it but has no stone blocks on top (it is replaced with a light).
|Part 7 of the Elf quest series|
|Part 8 of the Elf quest series|