|Release||22 February 2021 (Update)|
|Leader||Mayor Druss Daven|
|doc • Talk page|
Davendale is a small village found along an unknown coast. It is inaccessible outside of the tutorial.
Description and features[edit | edit source]
Inaccessible from the mainland, Davendale seemingly sits along a coast between a selection of hills. Upon arrival, the player walks from the scenic beach through some forests, over a fallen Davendale sign in order to access the village. Along the forest path, a small seating area can be found, with a broken bench that can be repaired and subsequently sat on. A sign nearby reads Vote for Druss Daven - Mayor of Davendale for 25 Years and Counting. At the centre of the village, a village square, with a giant statue of the Mayor at the heart of it, can be found. Around the square, straw-topped houses and a small marketplace with a well in the centre of it can also be found nearby. North of the square, cows can be found roaming on the nearby farmland.
To the west, Martin the fishmonger can be found overlooking Minnow Isle, only accessible by bridge. Fishing spots for raw minnow and davio can be found here. The fish can then be cooked on the island's outdoor stove and subsequently handed in to Martin.
On the east side of Davendale, up a long staircase, the Mayor's inaccessible mansion can be found. Zafir Daven can be found on the staircase. A giant hole can be found in the mansion's courtyard, where trolls are making their way in.
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
Davendale is one of the current tutorials available for new mobile players. It is currently available through an A/B test. Despite only being able to get this tutorial when starting on mobile, players can simply log into the desktop client to play through it.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Mayor Druss Daven, the mayor of the Davendale.
Zafir Daven, the Mayor's adopted daughter.
Martin the fishmonger, a local fisherman.
Fred Swarbrick, the resident grouch.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Should you lose your weapon following the Tutorial Island or Davendale tutorials, you will now be able to claim it back from Turael.
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- Reduced the sensitivity of the rotation of the mobile camera in Davendale.
- Added an extra movement marker between Davendale's beach and forest to help new players find their way.
- Tapping out of Davendale's dialogue cutscenes will now skip to the end instead of restarting the cutscene.
- Players will now be reminded how to advance to the next page of dialogue when speaking to an NPC for the first time and during Davendale's first cutscene.
- Adjusted the minimum and maximum camera zoom values during the Davendale tutorial to prevent players from getting their camera stuck in unwanted angles. Values will return to normal upon arrival in Burthorpe.
- Villagers will no longer cheer during character creation if the Davendale Tutorial was skipped.
- patch 12 July 2021 (Update):
- On the Davendale Tutorial, when levelling up either Attack and Fishing the first level up camera pans highlighting unlocked content now occur if the player has completed the sandbox goal by following the alternate path.
- Fixed an issue on the Davendale tutorial where the player would become stuck in combat by the onscreen level up tutorial.
- patch 21 June 2021 (Update):
22 February 2021 (
- Added to game.