Jump to navigation Jump to search
Some equipment in RuneScape has bonuses that modifies the amount of damage dealt. There are four types of these items; Ranged modifiers, magic modifiers, melee modifiers and hybrid modifiers.
Ranged[edit | edit source]
- Void ranged equipment - +3% accuracy, +5% damage for regular, +3% accuracy, +7% damage for superior.
- Full slayer helmet/Focus sight - +12.5% accuracy, +12.5% damage on Slayer task.
- Reckless aura - Increases ranged level, accuracy and damage dealt by 10%, reduces defence and increased damage taken by 15%.
- Stalker's ring - 3% increased critical strike chance when using a bow.
- Needle strike - Increases damage of next attack by 7%.
- Enchanted bolts - Various effects on enemies. The most commonly used being: hydrix, onyx, ruby, diamond and dragonstone bakriminel bolts (e).
- Basiliskbane ammunition - When used against basilisks, these arrows deal 40% more damage with auto-attacks and 25% more damage with abilities, and they gain 30% hit chance bonus.
- Dragonbane ammunition - When used against dragons, these arrows deal 40% more damage with auto-attacks and 25% more damage with abilities, and they gain 30% hit chance bonus. Dragonbane arrows or bolts are necessary in order to break through the armour of a rune dragon and weaken it.
- Wallasalkibane ammunition - When used against wallasalkis, these arrows deal 40% more damage with auto-attacks and 25% more damage with abilities, and they gain 30% hit chance bonus.
- Splintering arrows - While using splintering arrows, all attacks used for 4.2 seconds (7 ticks) after Greater Dazing Shot will also apply Puncture stacks, consuming an arrow per stack during the active period until the target(s) reach 13 stacks. Reapplying puncture will result in the stack duration being reset to 9 seconds, and the bleed damage resetting to its highest hit. Around 30,000 damage per minute is added when using t92 and max bonuses, soulsplit does not heal from it, also does not count towards xp gain.
- Deathspore arrows - Critical chance is increased by +3%. Every time you deal a critical hit, a stack of Feasting Spores is gained, consuming one arrow. When 5 stacks of Feasting Spores are obtained, they are consumed to grant a 9 second (15 tick) buff that makes the next Ranged ability that would cost adrenaline free, this includes special attacks. The buff has a 60 second (100 tick) cooldown. While on cooldown, any critical hits dealt will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1.8 seconds (3 ticks), these cooldown reductions do not consume arrows.
- Reprisers - Provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.
- Ranged cape - The Ranged cape's perk increases the special effect chance of ranged ammunition by 20% of its current chance.
- Elite Seers’ Village achievements - Increased chance of +2% that the special effects of enchanted bolts activate.
- Demon slayer equipment - Provides extra damage against demons with some exceptions. It is classified as range equipment, but it can be used with higher tier weapons of a different style for the damage/experience bonus while killing demons. The set provides the following effects:
- A 4% damage increase against demons for each piece worn/wielded, apart from exceptions listed below.
- 2% additional combat experience gain against demons in the combat style(s) used by the player, apart from exceptions listed below.
- 1% additional Slayer experience gain against demons, with some exceptions.
Melee[edit | edit source]
- Void melee equipment - +3% accuracy, +5% damage for regular, +3% accuracy, +7% damage for superior.
- Black mask/Slayer helmet/Full slayer helmet - +12.5% accuracy, +12.5% damage on Slayer task.
- Berserker necklace - 5% damage increase when using obsidian weapons.
- Keris - When fighting Kalphite, boost the hit chance by 15% (25% with Desert amulet 3) and deals 33.3% more damage against these creatures with abilities and auto-attacks. It also has a small chance of around 2.5% to deal triple damage instead of +33%, which is increased to around 5% while wearing a desert amulet 3 or 4.
- Berserker aura - Increases attack and strength levels by 10%, increases melee accuracy and damage dealt by 10%, reduces defence and increased damage taken by 15%.
- Dragon battleaxe’s special attack- For 100% adrenaline, it drains the player's Attack, Defence, Magic, and Ranged levels by 10%, rounded down. The Strength level of the player is then boosted by 10, plus another level for every 4 levels the special attack drained.
- Annihilation’s special attack - Gravitate, which uses 60% adrenaline. When used, for 30 seconds all successful attacks on your opponent(s) adds a stack (one stack per ability, or two stacks per Legacy Mode auto-attack), which increases your damage by 1% per stack (capping at 20%).
- Black Hole - Zaros godsword’s special attack that gives the player 25% extra damage while it is active.
- Gloves of passage - After the Havoc or Smash ability successfully hits, the damage within two ticks of the wearer's next melee attack within 6 seconds is increased by 10%.
- Champion's ring - 3% increased critical strike chance against bleeding targets.
- Revenant bane equipment - When using revenant bane melee equipment in both hands (dual wielding, main-hand plus shield, or two-handed sword), damage against revenants is increased by 25%.
- Defenders - Provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.
- Strength cape - The Strength cape's perk causes Dismember's damage over time to last an extra 3.6 seconds (an extra 3 hits for a total of 8).
- Masterwork spear of annihilation (passive) - With the spear equipped, melee damage over time abilities (bleeds) have their duration extended by 50%, rounded down to the nearest whole number.
- Laniakea's spear (passive) - The spear has a unique passive effect called Toxic Fang, which increases the chance of weapon poison being applied to the player's target by 5%, and increases damage dealt by the poison by 5%.
- Dark shard of Leng’s special attack - The shard has a special attack called Icy Tempest. When used, the player's damage cap is increased by 30% for 30 seconds, applying for melee, reflect, and dominion mine damage as long as melee is the primary combat style being used by the player.
Magic[edit | edit source]
- Curse - A spell from the normal spellbook That increases damage dealt by 5% to target from all sources if successfully cast.
- Vulnerability - A spell from the normal spellbook That increases damage dealt by 10% to target from all sources if successfully cast.
- Maniacal aura - Increases magic level, accuracy and damage dealt by 10%, reduces defence and increased damage taken by 15%.
- Dragonrider amulet - When equipped, the damage the Dragon Breath ability deals is increased by 10%, and it has a 10% chance of burning the opponent(s) with a bleeding effect.
- Kerapac's wristwraps - Following the use of the Dragon Breath ability, increases the damage of the Combust ability by 25% and converts the damage over time effects to instantaneous damage.
- Channeller's ring - 4% stacking increase to critical strike chance per hit when casting channelled abilities with Magic.
- Rebounders - Provides a 3% accuracy boost. It also has a 1/15 chance to deflect a hit, reducing it by 50%-100% damage and providing +20% accuracy for the next attack.
Hybrid[edit | edit source]
- God Books - Passive effects, in addition to their +5 (Standard), +7 (Illuminated), or +8 (Elder God) stat bonus to all styles.
- Scripture of Ful - When active, the book provides the ‘Gladiator's Rage’ effect: on hit, it has a 6.6% chance to activate. For 15 seconds, it increases damage dealt by 20%, and damage taken by 10%. The effect has a 15 second cooldown.
- Scripture of Jas - For 10 seconds (16 ticks), all damage from the player's abilities is stored. Once this period ends, 20% of the total damage stored is dealt as damage. The amount of damage dealt is subject to hit caps.
- Scripture of Wen - Each attack has a chance to summon an icy beam for 3.6 seconds, that damages anything standing in it. Once targets have been hit 5 times by the beam, they will shatter for 400% ability damage.
- Ancient Book - Icicles hit and surround the target, dealing 120-200% damage (PvP: 40-120%) and binding the target for 4 seconds (? ticks).
- Book of Law - A tornado spins at the target's location dealing 4 hits of damage over 2.4 seconds (4 ticks), dealing 30-50%, 30-50%, 60-100%, and 60-100% damage for a total of 180-300% damage (PvP: 10-30%, 10-30%, 20-60%, 20-60%; total 60-180%). If the target moves from the tornado, the damage is halted.
- Book of War - A shockwave hits the target, dealing 90-150% damage (PvP: 30-90%), reducing the target's Defence level by 5% + 5 and increasing its affinity values by 3 for 12 seconds (20 ticks).
- Book of Balance - The Sword of Edicts falls on the target, then burns and explodes. This deals an initial hit of 90-150%, 3 hits of 7.5-12.5%, and finally a hit of 37.5-62.5% (with the final hit being split in a 3x3 area, if there are multiple targets nearby), for a total of 150-250%. (PvP: initially 30-90%, 3 hits of 2.5-7.5%, and 12.5-37.5 AoE; total 50-150%).
- Book of Wisdom - A lightning strike hits the target for 165-275% damage (55-165% in PvP).
- Book of Chaos - A dark explosion hits the target and the surrounding targets in a 3x3 area for 150-250% damage (split over all targets) (PvP: 50-150%).
- Erethdor's grimoire - Passive +7 to all styles. The grimoire has 2 effects when active.
- Vulnerability bombs - Applies the effect of Vulnerability, without needing the runes required or the magic level to cast the spell itself. Vulnerability Bombs do not work in PvP scenarios.
- Jas buff - Depending on location, provides a 3-6% increase to damage. More information can be found on the associated page.
- Sophanem slayer dungeon corruption - For every stack obtained, the player takes and inflicts 1% additional damage. The normal maximum cap of this corruption is at 25%.
- Ghost hunter equipment - Provides a set effect, that increases experience earned and damage dealt to any creature you gain prayer experience from killing, through the ectoplasmator. 3% for one piece, 6% from two pieces and 10% with 3 or more pieces of the set.
- Slayer Masks - Increases damage dealt to the corresponding monster by 12.5%.
- Susceptibility - When using a weapon, spell, or bolt that a monster is susceptible to, you gain increased damage and accuracy. Some susceptibilities, like keris, include additional effects. This is different from weakness.
- Mahjarrat aura - Increases the damage you deal and your divine location cap by 5% for one hour, every day.
- Ancestor spirits aura - When you are injured, there is a 5% chance that your ancestors will arrive to injure your foe in retaliation. Dealing damage up to 2500% of your prayer level.
- Dark magic aura - When attacking you have a chance to inflict corrupting damage on an opponent. Upon activation, the aura deals 100% of that damage, then 80% of it, then 64% of it, then 51.2% of it (295.2% total or 14.76% of the monster's maximum life points).
- Equilibrium aura - Decreases your maximum hit by 25%, but increases your minimum hit by the same amount.
- Smoke Cloud - Increases the damage of critical hits by 15%, while using magic. This spell is 40% less effective for melee and range, resulting in 6% more damage from critical strikes using either of those styles.
- Reaver’s ring - Gives the Reckless Assault passive effect, which adds 5% critical strike chance but reduces accuracy by 5%.
- Salve amulet - When fighting the undead, increases the wearer's damage and accuracy by 15%.
- Salve amulet (e) - When fighting the undead, increases the wearer's damage and accuracy by 20%.
- Biting (perk) - +2% chance per rank (maximum rank is 4) to critically hit opponents. This perk has an increased chance to activate on level 20 items. At level 20, with Biting 4, this improves critical strike chance by 8.8%.
- Undead Slayer (perk) - Deal 7% additional damage to undead.
- Demon Slayer (perk) - Deal 7% additional damage to demons.
- Dragon Slayer (perk) - Deal 7% additional damage to dragons.
- Genocidal (perk) - Deal up to +7% extra damage to your current Slayer target proportional to progress through your current task.
- Ruthless (perk) - Whenever you defeat an enemy you gain a 0.5% damage boost per rank for 20 seconds (maximum rank is 3). This can stack up to 5 times. (Does not work in PvP areas).
- Equilibrium (perk) - Increases minimum hit by 3% per rank, and decreases maximum hit by 1% per rank (maximum rank is 4). Does not stack with Equilibrium aura; aura takes precedence.
- Precise (perk) - Increases your minimum damage by 1.5% per rank of your maximum damage.
- Cinderbane gloves - They have a passive effect that applies poison, with a 1/8 chance per hit to targets (including multi-target abilities like Ricochet, as well as those hit by dwarf multicannon and variants) while worn, and increases the base poison damage coefficient, stacking with kwuarm incense sticks, weapon poison and Laniakea’s spear.
- Ripper Demon (familiar) (passive) - The ripper demon familiar has a passive effect that increases the damage output of the player based on the percentage of their target's remaining life points. Additional damage from this passive scales with the target's remaining life points, from 0% to 5%.
- Berserker's Fury - Once harnessed, players will deal up to +5.5% damage with all styles the lower the player's current lifepoints are beneath their maximum level.
- Revenge - When activated, any attacks the user receives increases the user's own max hit by 10% of the normalised damage range, up to a maximum of 100% stacked. This ability lasts 20 seconds.
- Achto (Raids armour) - Provides bonus damage if a shield or shieldbow is wielded.
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!