|Release date||8 August 2016 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Sword of Edicts in the Wilderness|
|Examine||A cursed wisp of energy.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A cursed wisp is a wisp that may be harvested using the Divination skill at any Divination level. Upon being harvested, it transforms into a cursed spring, from which cursed memories (occasionally enriched cursed memories) and cursed energy may be gathered. The experience and energy obtained from these wisps vary based on the player's level.
At level 99 Divination players can gain around 106,000 experience an hour from harvesting cursed wisps and converting energy using the enhanced experience option on the energy rift. More experience may be gained if the player equips a demonic skull, which grants 20% bonus experience for training at cursed wisps. If the player converts their cursed memories into cursed energy rather than experience then they can gain around 8,000 cursed energy an hour.
Harvesting[edit | edit source]
Experience[edit | edit source]
Experienced gained per harvest for normal memories. Enriched memories give double experience.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Cursed energy||1–3[d 1]||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cursed memory||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Enriched cursed memory||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ Level 1 to 54 Divination will reward 1 energy.
Level 55 to 74 Divination with reward 2 energies.
Level 75 Divination and over will reward 3 energies.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Wisps will now only wander up to five tiles away from the rift, which should make this particular aspect of training the skill a bit more AFK-able.
- The minimum duration for a spring is now 60 seconds. Each additional player who interacts with the spring will increase the duration by a flat 15 seconds, up to a maximum of 75 extra seconds.
- While gathering Memories you'll now have the chance to get an Enriched Memory. This critical chance can go over 100%. At 150%, for example, you'll get one Enriched Memory and a 50% chance to get another.
- patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
- Boosting your Divination level past 99 will no longer reduce XP gained from Cursed Wisps.
- hotfix 2 October 2017 (Update):
- The colour of the text warning for gathering energy from cursed wisps has been fixed.
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Cursed wisps are no longer listed as members-only content in the Divination skillguide.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- Training at the cursed divination colony whilst under the effect of the divination cache buff will now grant the correct experience.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When harvesting at cursed wisps using a light creature familiar, players do not get experience when the familiar turns the memories to experience. This seems to be a bug with cursed wisps.
- The Guthixian Cache buff that transforms the memories to experience is now able to activate on cursed wisps.
|Rifts / sources|