|Release||8 August 2016 (Update)|
|A chunk of harvested divine energy. It can be manipulated to create various energies. Carrying this item will prevent you from teleporting.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cursed energy is a type of divine energy gathered through the Divination skill. It can be collected from cursed wisps, located at the Wilderness Volcano. It can also be obtained by converting cursed memories and enriched cursed memories: the ratio of memories to energy scales with Divination level.
If the player is carrying cursed energy or memories in the Wilderness they will be unable to teleport out, in addition to allowing players of all levels to attack them regardless of combat setting. When killed by another player, the energies are dropped to the killer as normal.
However, carrying cursed energy or memories does not cause any visual change in the character, and other players will not know if someone is carrying them unless they attempt to attack the player.
Energy obtained[edit | edit source]
This is the amount of energy obtained when siphoning from a Cursed wisp, converting a Cursed memory, or converting an Enriched cursed memory. Enrich wisps give the same amount as normal wisps. It scales based on divination level; lowering divination by methods such as God Wars Dungeon cold area will not decrease the convert amount. Free players however, are capped to the same rate as level 5.
Products[edit | edit source]
Cursed energy can be exchanged at a rate of 100:150 for any other kind of divine energy that the player has the Divination level to use, providing 150 experience per batch (1.5 experience per cursed energy). The only exceptions to this are elder and ancestral energy which cannot be created from cursed energy.
The "profit per conversion" column of this table is calculated by assuming the player would collect 100 energies from corresponding wisp versus 100 energies from a cursed wisp, and then converting them to corresponding energy. Skill boosts work, allowing one to craft energy at a lower level than they normally could. That can be used to increase profit by crafting incandescent energy far earlier than usual. Extreme divination potions allow players to do so at as low as level 81 Divination.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Players can now teleport in safe areas outside of the Wilderness while carrying Cursed Energy.
- hotfix 25 September 2017 (Update):
- Cursed energies and memories in a Beast of Burden now block teleportation.
- Cursed energies no longer work with area looting. This means that players will no longer be able to remove Wilderness level checks for unsuspecting players.
- ninja 25 September 2017:
- Carrying cursed energy or memories will now prevent players from teleporting, and will now ignore the Wilderness level restrictions to allow anyone to attack them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- For the first week of release, cursed energy was transmuted in batches of 10. This was changed to 100 on 15 August 2016.
- Cursed energy (and memories) were given several changes on 25 September 2017 to combat botters.
- This update came with a glitch/bug - players would intentionally drop cursed energy near a pile of other drops. As most players in a PvP situation use area looting to collect drops, the area loot would collect the cursed energy, causing the player picking up the drops with area loot to be teleblocked and have combat restrictions removed. This was quickly hotfixed so that area looting would not pick up cursed energy.
|Rifts / sources|