|Release||24 August 2015 (Update)|
|An insane remnant of the tarddian elves, twisted by insane hunger.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|161 / 107 / 53|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|NPC ID||21629, 21630|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Crystal Shapeshifters are Slayer monsters located on Tarddiad after completion of The Light Within. They are the only source for the ancient elven wedding ring, an item needed to complete the master quest cape achievement, Angs Off My Ring. To reach them, teleport to the World Gate with the Sixth-Age circuit. Interact with the controls directly in front of the character to change the Gate's destination. Rotate the dials until a symbol is presented on the Gate (not to be mistaken with the or symbols for Infernus and Teragard, respectively).
They fight similarly to revenants. They can use all three forms of combat and react accordingly to the player's armour and protection prayers/curses, along with the added threat of being capable of using abilities of their corresponding combat style. Though a shapeshifter starts out in one of its three random forms, it will quickly adjust to whatever the player is weakest against.
In addition to regular abilities in their respective combat style, Crystal Shapeshifters can roll into a spiked ball and charge at the player, dealing approximately 1,500 to 2,500 melee damage. A shapeshifter can roll several times in a row, dealing high damage.
Angof can be spoken with to make the Shapeshifters unaggressive if desired, which is recommended, as they have a very far aggression range.
Shapeshifters do not wander from their spawn point until they enter combat (being attacked or attacking a target they are aggressive against).
Drops[edit | edit source]
The average Crystal Shapeshifter kill is worth 16,058.24 coins.
100% drop[edit | edit source]
Crystal Shapeshifters during the quest only give their 100% drop.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Tarddian crystal (m)||1–3[d 1][d 2][d 3]||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ For every piece of crystal armour worn excluding the first piece, the maximum amount of crystals dropped increases by one. For example, using three parts will cause them to drop one to five crystals.
- ^ Without wearing any crystal armour pieces, getting two crystals is more common than getting three crystals.
- ^ Without wearing any crystal armour pieces, zero to two crystals are dropped with the main drop and one shortly afterwards. The first drop can be boosted with crystal armour.
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity[d 1]||GE price||High Alch|
|Adamantite stone spirit||6–8||17/128||234-312||Not alchemisable|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||2 (noted)||8/128||32,528||0|
|Grimy irit (m)||2 (noted)||14/128||6,870||0|
|Grimy kwuarm (m)||2 (noted)||12/128||34,062||0|
|Grimy lantadyme (m)||2 (noted)||8/128||18,220||0|
|Grimy toadflax (m)||2 (noted)||8/128||24,820||0|
|Magic logs||12 (noted)||12/128||4,932||2,304|
|Potato cactus (m)||4 (noted)||8/128||6,828||0|
|Crystal acorn (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Battlestaff (m)||2 (noted)||8/128||6,126||8,400|
|Large bladed rune salvage||1||16/128||30,591||32,000|
|Medium bladed rune salvage||1||4/128||22,620||24,000|
|Huge plated rune salvage||1||5/128||38,601||40,000|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Attuned crystal armour seed (m)||1||Very rare[d 1]||0||0|
|Attuned crystal weapon seed (m)||1||Very rare[d 1]||0||0|
|Elder seed (m)||1||Rare||154,796||600|
|Ancient elven wedding ring (m)||1||Very rare[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items are not required to access the table, but they will increase the chance of accessing the rare drop table and may also improve the loot received from it.
|Rare drop table:|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Players are no longer given Crystal Shapeshifter social slayer tasks without having completed The Light Within.
- patch 7 September 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer lose focus on Crystal Shapeshifters in combat when they switch combat styles.
- Crystal Shapeshifters will now retaliate correctly after charging towards a player.
- Crystal Shapeshifters have been added to the Slayer Creature kills list in the Beasts tab of the Adventures interface.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Increased the Combat and Slayer XP for Crystal Shapeshifters.
- Players can now toggle Crystal Shapeshifter aggressiveness by speaking to Angof.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Crystal Shapeshifters are based on the Crystalline Shapeshifters that featured in the Armies of Gielinor game as a level 5 unit from Seren, though they share very little similarities with each other in appearance. Unlike most of the level 5 units which are mostly titan class units, the Crystalline Shapeshifter belongs to the warrior class and has the least Strength of all level 5 units, on the other hand the Crystalline Shapeshifter is capable of teleporting on a unit, instantly killing them in the process.
- In their melee form, Crystal Shapeshifters have a unique melee attack animation where they seemingly attack three times for the duration of the animation, even though the attack hits only once.
- Crystal Shapeshifters received the following changes due to player complaints:
- Combat and slayer experience was increased.
- When a Crystal Shapeshifter shifted styles prior to the change, the player would have to click on them again as they would have "lost" their target even though they were fighting them. This was changed so that it could change styles without turning into a "new" target.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 60,000 kills.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
|Part 7 of the God quest series • Part 3 of the Enchanted key quest series • Related to the Elf quest series|