For other variants of this item, see attuned
The crystal shield is a Melee-class crystal shield that was released with the first part of Prifddinas. It requires 70 Defence, 50 Agility, and completion of Roving Elves to wield. It shares the fifth highest armour bonus with three other melee shields.
A crystal shield can be made from a crystal armour seed in two ways:
The amount of coins needed to create (and repair) is based on the number of times a crystal weapon/armour seed has been made into an item for coins - the cost is shared over all crystal weapons and shields. The first time costs 1,000,000 coins, and each subsequent creation costs 200,000 less until the fifth time (and every time thereafter), when it costs 200,000 coins.
The crystal shield will revert to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, but uses two charges per hit except while within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. A partially degraded shield can be recharged for a fraction of your current creation cost - if it has 90% charges remaining, and the lowest creation price has been achieved, it would cost 20,000 coins to repair.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
Crystal items are guaranteed to give a special component. They will either give 1 crystal part (common) or 1 Seren component (uncommon approximately 20% of the time).
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- The melee variant of the crystal shield no longer gives a magic defensive bonus.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- The Royal Crossbow and Crystal Shield now degrade as expected.
- update 22 February 2005 (Update):
- There is now a third roving elf in the forests of Isafdar. She will create a new crystal bow or shield from a seed when your existing equipment runs out of charges.
- The first time that you take the seed to the elf, she will charge the standard price for either the crystal bow or shield. However, every time you go back to her she will reduce the price, but she will not go below 180k for the bow or 150k for the shield.
- Crystal equipment now also has 2500 charges before it reverts to its seed.