|Release||21 December 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item||Haunted Mine|
|Backpack||Add to keyring|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A key I found in the lower levels of the Morytanian mines. (Haunted Mine)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
After defeating the ghost, you can pick up the key, which becomes the Crystal mine key. Not only does it allow passage deeper into the mine where you can mine the crystal that makes a Salve amulet, it also allows full access to other doors in the mine. This makes it much easier to get to the bottom, since you can go straight through the front door and all the way down the stairs. In addition, it allows access to the rich ore veins in the north-west of Mort Ridge Mine level 2.
This key can be placed on the Steel key ring.
Getting the key back[edit | edit source]
If you lose the key after the quest, follow these instructions in order to get it back. Bringing a light source is pointless; the water will extinguish it and the Seer's headband will not work. Note: The key may already be on your key ring if you have one.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
To get to point L on level 4 from the surface (and move a glowing fungus by mine cart):
- Surface: Enter the main entrance.
- Level 1: Go 1 - 3 - 4; climb down.
- Level 2: Go 4 - 6; climb down.
- Level 3: Go 6 - 12; climb down.
- Level 4: Go 12 - J (get fungus) - central K (put fungus in cart) - L. Also go M and N as necessary to set switches correctly (not necessary if re-obtaining after quest completion). Push 'Start' at L.
To get to point 10 on level 4 from point L (to get the glowing fungus after moving it):
- Level 4: Go L - 12; climb up.
- Level 3: Go 12 - 6; climb up.
- Level 2: Go 6 - 4; climb up.
- Level 1: Go 4 - 3 - 2; climb down.
- Level 2: Go 2 - 7; climb down.
- Level 3: Go 7 - 10; climb down.
- Level 4: Go 10 - K (search cart for fungus).
To get to point T on level 6 from point K on level 4 (to collect a new key):
- Level 4: Go K - 10; climb up.
- Level 3: Go 10 - 9; climb down.
- Level 4: Go 9 - 13; take lift down to level 5.
- Level 5: Go 13 - 14; climb down.
- Level 6: Go 14 - T; take innocent-looking key which turns into the crystal-mine key
Recommended: Add the key to your key ring if available.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 30 April 2012 (Update):
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
|Related to the Myreque quest series|