Crux Eqal is an underground organisation of Guthixian Druids who were founded by Thaerisk Cemphier and some other druids to combat threats to the world, such as the Mahjarrat, particularly Lucien, and their affiliates. They believe that they should be aware of what the larger world is doing and do something about it, unlike most druids, who live peaceful lives in Taverley. Crux Eqal is heavily involved in the While Guthix Sleeps quest, although much of its activity remains highly secret and unknown. Crux Eqal seems to be directed primarily by druids of Taverley, and Thaerisk Cemphier appears to be its leader. However, its exact leadership structure is unknown.
During While Guthix Sleeps, Crux Eqal forms a loose alliance with the Guardians of Armadyl (represented by Idria) and the Temple Knights (represented by Akrisae and Sir Tiffy) in an attempt to stop Lucien's plans of achieving godhood, although the attempt is foiled, resulting in the deaths of several warriors, slayers and adventurers, and Lucien manages to claim the Stone of Jas. Although they initially have trouble working together, by the time the quest ends they have learned to work together and become friends.
In Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Crux Eqal - along with the Guardians of Armadyl, Temple Knights, and the Zarosian Mahjarrat Wahisietel - take part in a mission to recover the Stone of Jas, stop the Dragonkin from becoming further empowered, rescue Arrav and kill Lucien during the 18th Ritual of Rejuvenation. While Lucien was killed, it was by the hands of a dragonkin, and they were too late to stop the Dragonkin from becoming further enraged. Furthermore, Idria and Akrisae died thus annulling the loose alliance between the Armadyleans and Saradomists, although Sir Tiffy, Thaerisk and the adventurer were able to safely teleport the Stone of Jas away.
In The World Wakes, Thaerisk is among the Guthixians summoned by Death to protect Guthix, although there was not enough time for the rest of Crux Eqal to be recruited. Ultimately, Guthix is killed by Sliske.
After the death of Guthix, Thaerisk reorganised the Crux Eqal and began recruiting people to train them into knights. The knights are based in an abandoned dragonkin ruin. They spent some time securing the area and rescuing the abandoned animals there.
In Postbag From the Hedge 36, Fiara revealed that Crux Eqal was tasked with protecting the Fist of Guthix from any further damage after Saradominist knights vandalised the area.
Known members[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A knight of the Crux Eqal
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Thaerisk Cemphier, "While Guthix Sleeps", RuneScape. "When I returned from my travels around Gielinor, it became clear to me that many of my druidic peers are not aware of the troubles in the world at large. Others feel as I do, so we've worked together, got ourselves organised and our collective name is 'Crux Eqal'. To fight the Mahjarrat we need to be organised."
- ^ Ozan, RuneScape. "I should have been there. The Crux Eqal recruited me, Owen and Ariane to attack another of Lucien's bases, but it turned out he'd already obtained it."
- ^ Crux Eqal knight (Spring Festival), "2021 Easter event", RuneScape.
- Crux Eqal knight: After Guthix's death, Thaerisk reorganised us and began recruiting. Druids and knights work together to form an effective force. We have yet to be tested in battle.
- Player: I haven't seen any of you around until now.
- Crux Eqal knight: We're based in an abandoned dragonkin ruin. We've spent some time securing the area and rescuing the abandoned animals there. The two of us are here to ensure nothing threatens Thaerisk or the celebration.
- ^ Thaerisk Cemphier, "2021 Easter event", RuneScape.
- Thaerisk Cemphier: Seren and the Council of Burthorpe commissioned us to create this garden.
- Player: It seems quite focused around Guthix.
- Thaerisk Cemphier: Well of course, we are druids, after all. We do everything we can to promote the ideals that Guthix lived and died for. We're holding a celebration for the good omen that this tree represents.
- ^ Thaerisk, "While Guthix Sleeps", RuneScape. "Its members are generally quite young, but we have the support of Sanfew and Kaqemeex, powerful druids who see the sense in being prepared."